How much coffee do you drink?

charlo slim
20 minutes ago, KenB said:

Isn't that one of those things women use to help aim when they're out fishing in a boat and need to pee in a coffee can?

Yep, and also useful for some of my ...uhhhh.... "mature" male buddies.as well.  But only by permission.  And besides, that would just be another advantage of the luddite approach -- MUCH easier to clean than the techno-tactical gizmo!

Edited by charlo slim
self defense
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terrym

• charlo slim

• Ben Hong

• jeff88

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, there are therapists who can help you with that......

I use that method too, when I'm making coffee just for myself.   Otherwise the drip coffee maker with ground coffee and the same filter does exactly the same thing for multiple cups of coffe

Drink or mainline?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, charlo slim said:

What is a proud Luddite, Brad? Is that the same as being a miserable cheapskate?  Never mind, I'll just ask Mr. Google or maybe even ask that irritating lady on  my smart phone -- what's her name, Skanki, Scabbi, something like that anyway?  And how does your fancy schmancy machine work in camp, by the way?

A smug proud Luddite is basically anyone over 50 it seems. As far as Siri on iPhone, she is very nice. I suppose my schmancy coffee machine would work fine if I started up my Honda generator. I make or made coffee on the ancient cook woodstove with one of those equally ancient percolater coffee pots. But the glass bulb fell out of the cover and broke, so now I use the basket technique that smug proud Luddites use.

Smug Luddite!  While not a contradiction in terms, it does hurt my frontal lobe.  It's almost alliteration to boot!  

2 to 3 cups in the morning now. Maybe a decaf in the evening (goes good with my daily ice cream fix!). I used to drink a pot before 8 am when I started work at 5:30.  Cut down recently because of it irritating my already bothersome bladder!

Average a cup a day, either hot in the AM or Iced afternoon. I do the Grinds coffee dips throughout the day or on a late night ambulance call to keep me going and not dipping.

I try to limit myself to two cups in the morning, but usually end up drinking three. If I pass a Dunks in the morning then I usually pull in for another. If I have my cocker Chunk with me then the person working the window usually gives him a biscuit. 

"Team Chunk Runs On Dunks"!

Used to drink 6-8 cups a day, on days off the withdrawal headaches were debilitating.  Went to a pour over method in an effort to increase the effort required to make a cup, down to two cups on work days and one on the weekends.   

Could easil deink more, love the stuff, but all things in moderation right?

Probably had ten cups my whole life until I turned 55.  Went to work for a DOD contractor post my first retirement and ended up working about 60 hours a week.  I started mainlining the stuff to keep my energy up.  Now I'm hooked.  Have two cups in the morning by 7 am and then another one by 10 am.   Normally that is it, but if I don't have it in the am now, I'm a miserable SOB for the most part.  

Craig Conroy

I had cut back on coffee, drinking more tea,'till I read a study touting the anti inflammatory benefits of coffee.  I'm back up to a couple of mugs every morning.  I think it works :).

OceanRoamer

4 or 5 cups a day. Dark roast...the darker the better. No sugar. 1/2 and 1/2....none of that  "flavored" artificial non-dairy Coffemate stuff.

charlo slim
8 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

As far as Siri on iPhone, she is very nice.

Yeah, that is the one I mean, knew her name started with S and ended with i.  I had an interesting interaction with ol' Siri, just the other day.  My phone was in breast pocket of my T shirt when Slim Jr. stomped on my bare instep.  The old boy has feet like a goat, only with claws like a velociraptor.  So I just naturally bellowed out a stream of cuss words like to turn the air (or internet) blue.  At which point Siri said "well I'm doing the best that I can".  I have no idea how it happened, but we about busted a gut laughing about it.

2 cups. First cup sitting here in front of the computer enjoying the UJ and all the fine specimens that grace the forum as in a nice new addition this morning a little pup & I believe her name was sadie. Then down to watch the news with my second cup. 

Then I am ready to start the day ! B|

I'm like Charlo Slim - none after mid-morning, otherwise I will not sleep that night.  Fairly caffeine sensitive!  That said, I will have at least 2, maybe 3 cups of good strong coffee prior to 10AM.....every day.