Solar Eclipse

Well down here we are at about 50% coverage. Me, I have a Beretta two barrel set 28/.410 coming in today close to 10:00. So I may be in the middle of a NIC check. Shouldn't take long with everyone watching. Or not.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kansas Big Dog

• mister grouse

• River19

• Crazy Horse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent the weekend at my nephew's home in Rigby, Idaho just to experience a total eclipse and to snap a few hundred photos. It was so worth the trip. I was in total awe.  I knew it would get dar

Buddy in So. Carolina just sent me this picture

Having travelled a good chunk to get into the path of totality, it was awesome, and not in the cheap overused sense of the word, but I n the original meaning of being awe inspiring.  The clouds in Cha

Posted Images

I got a pair there very styleish and real dark. Even looking at a bright light I see nothing. 

IMG_3138.JPG

28 minutes ago, dogrunner said:

I got a pair there very styleish and real dark. Even looking at a bright light I see nothing. 

IMG_3138.JPG

I would recommend making sure they are the approved glasses before using. I know it's been a real problem around here. people selling non approved glasses. When I do look at the eclipse with my special glasses I'm going to keep my dominate eye closed. Just in case.

It's raining. :( Looks like bigger storms headed my way for about the time the eclipse will be at its max. >:( That's what I get for being prepared. It will get dark that's for sure.

Oh well, in 7 years I can go visit my sister in Arkansas and see one in totality. Early prediction, Arkansas will be very cloudy that day.

Tim

Kansas Big Dog

Looks like a dud here. Total eclipse here in a few minutes, cloudy and rainy. But, getting really dark.

20170821_130650.thumb.jpg.924d9412372ae455a5c4eff7abc9b05a.jpg

20170821_130556.thumb.jpg.00c503f6e55a5545d6c2ce5286af4246.jpg

20170821_130650.jpg

Crystal clear at my place.  While I wouldn't have traveled hundreds of miles to watch it, it was awesome!  Just under 2 minutes of totality.

50% here in 20 minutes. Watching the news you'd think aliens had landed. Cool and rare natural event but I guess I'm a grounded person, don't gaze up into the skies so much. Maybe the event and darkness will be an epiphany. My wife who is a space enthusiast and star gazer, is thrilled about this eclipse. I'm curious about whether the dogs will react in any way.

IsThisHeaven?

About 90% totality here but cloudy and raining here so it got dark for a few minutes and that's about it. I understand it's rare and an interesting happening, but we haven't had rain in 4 months. I will take the rain.

Agree, Brad. Such hype. It is a unique event, but this is ridiculous. As with many other issues of today, people with too much time on their hands.

My grandfathers and my dads generation would have been working their arses at some job. Taken a moment to see it and went back to work. Travel

hundreds of miles and spend great sums of money to see it, No way.

All this hype for what amounts to a thick cloud blocking out the sun for a couple mins......the 100% coverage area would at least be unique like KBD posted but here it looks like a standard sun and clouds mix and we are entering a cloudy period......60% here.....

Here for you that could not see it, it looked like this cookie. 😎    When I took a selfie shot it looked like this.    My buddy did one on slowmo that worked. Here everything but the top of sun was blocked out. For some reason through a phone it just don't work very good. 

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3163.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

Mike Connally

80% here. Looked at it through the proper glasses. Saw what I thought I'd see. 

It didn't even get a little dark out.