Solar Eclipse

A dud here in Northeast Indiana.  I was really hoping for people running around hysterical, weeping, wailing, pulling their hair and gnashing their teeth.  No such luck.

At least a few birds falling from the sky...Nada.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kansas Big Dog

• mister grouse

• River19

• Crazy Horse

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I spent the weekend at my nephew's home in Rigby, Idaho just to experience a total eclipse and to snap a few hundred photos. It was so worth the trip. I was in total awe.  I knew it would get dar

Buddy in So. Carolina just sent me this picture

Having travelled a good chunk to get into the path of totality, it was awesome, and not in the cheap overused sense of the word, but I n the original meaning of being awe inspiring.  The clouds in Cha

Posted Images

Pretty underwhelming here too...we were actually around 90% totality, and I've seen it darker in the afternoon on a typical cloudy day. 

Roger

shoot-straight

fake news here in MD. very unimpressive. not real loss of light at all. it was like when a little cloud goes in front of the sun, thats it. 

We had light rain, so if you didn't know it was happening you wouldn't ever have guessed there was an eclipse happening.

Here when it as 99.999% covered, it was all just sorta, kinda a little bit neat.

But that moment that it switched to totality -    Transcendent.

I feel like a changed person or something.

The difference between - so very close to total, and total in indescribable. 

Words/ pictures can't capture...

yeah if you spent on thin dime on this scam I would ask for a full refund. We were duped!!!

1 minute ago, UplandHntr said:

yeah if you spent on thin dime on this scam I would ask for a full refund. We were duped!!!

Where did you go?  Were you in totality?

Everyone said ahead of time if you don't get into totality, you will wonder what the big deal is...  

mister grouse

Total and Spectacular here.  Crystal clear.  Grandsons and I were in awe.  Id wager any of you would 've been as well,  to have seen it so clearly.  Even the naysayers.

In totality would be cool.  the other 90% of the nation was hyped to hell over what equated to a cloud....

Pitch black would have been interesting....how long did that last?

I had a most entertaining experience. I watched a James Bond movie while the sky clouded over and the light barely dimmed.

It was the experience of a lifetime. The movie was absolutely thrilling. The eclipse, not so much.

mister grouse

2:35 total. We were out in the country. When light started to come back out - maybe 45 seconds or so after total darkness--a gobbler lit it up for three gobbles.  That made my day.  But the "Diamond Ring " view was the most specatular scene to the rest of my family.  

15 minutes ago, River19 said:

13 minutes ago, River19 said:

Never pitch black.  More like a 360 degree sunset.  And a kind of lighning like I had never experienced.  A little like the midnight sun up north, but different colors.   

Also the Sun's corona was just not what I expected, probably because it is hard to describe.  I see why some people fly around the world to witness a total eclipse.  I see why so many people become emotional.

i do not think I want to know people who witnessed it and thought- Ho Humm.   They sure as heck aren't bird hunters, with dogs.

I was in totality   It was very cool.  Actually had coyotes howling. Chimney sweeps trying to go to roost. Crickets chirping.  Able to see stars temp dropped about 10-15 degrees.  It was again cool with the horizon looking like right before day break or right after sunset. The totality lasted a little over 2 minutes