Brad Eden

Didn't know that...

Hettmoe

I guess my math skills are lacking. I did not know that numbers divisible by 100 are not all divisible by 4.  I still can't quite believe it.....

EB&Me

Did you know that "A man a plan a canal Panama" spells the same thing forward or backwards? More of that useless info.

Clueless1
On 8/23/2017 at 10:25 PM, erik meade said:

Did you know that leap years do not occur every 4 years?

Years divisible by 100 are not a leap years, unless they are also divisible by 4.

So 1600 was a leap year

1700, 1800, 1900 were not

2000 was

2100 will not be a leap year.

This is the way I saw it stated.  As all 100's are divisible by 4. 

A year is not a leap year if it's NOT divisible by 4, OR if it's divisible by 100 AND NOT divisible by 400

Seems they have to skip a few as the rotation isn't exact on the 4 years. 

jeff88

Did you know that the sentence:  "Hurricane Harvey is heading to Houston." is alliteration?  That's about the only good thing I can think of right now as I head outside to batten down the hatches (and yard furniture).

HAMMER DOG
3 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Did you know that the sentence:  "Hurricane Harvey is heading to Houston." is alliteration?  That's about the only good thing I can think of right now as I head outside to batten down the hatches (and yard furniture).

Be safe, I've got several friends down in that Houston to San Antonio area, most have packed their trash and headed for higher ground but a few are going to ride it out. Harvey is looking nastier and nastier as it hits shallower water.

jeff88
52 minutes ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Be safe, I've got several friends down in that Houston to San Antonio area, most have packed their trash and headed for higher ground but a few are going to ride it out. Harvey is looking nastier and nastier as it hits shallower water.

Thanks for the nice thoughts.

Did you know that he Hurricane's storm surges do the most damage?  At least we're pretty far inland.  

Felix

Did you know that, in baseball, all foul tips are caught and count as a strike. Any ball "tipped" and not caught is not a foul tip it is a foul ball and may or may not be a strike (not if the batter already has two strikes). No foul balls are caught (in the air) and play is dead. A ball caught in the air in foul territory is a fly-out, play continues (runners may advance).

Brad Eden

Seriously, the reports for the storm hitting Texas sends shivers down my spine. That deluge of Water and wind are devastating components. Hunker down and best of luck.

rawhide

Yep.  It looks like its going to be a bad one.  My rounds this morning took me from Richardson down to Dallas  on Central Expressway (US 75), and I saw a caravan of electrical service trucks, about a dozen, headed south.  They were from OK.   Wish y'all down there good fortune through it all.

Dave in Maine

Gawd, you guys are bored.

Virgil Kane
1 hour ago, Felix said:

Did you know that, in baseball, all foul tips are caught and count as a strike. Any ball "tipped" and not caught is not a foul tip it is a foul ball and may or may not be a strike (not if the batter already has two strikes). No foul balls are caught (in the air) and play is dead. A ball caught in the air in foul territory is a fly-out, play continues (runners may advance).

Did you know that in baseball there are only 8 players in the field of play?  The catcher is the only one not between the foul lines.

Did you know that in baseball that a catcher can be called for a balk if he leaves the catchers box before the pitcher releases the ball? 

Did you know that in baseball a first baseman can be called for a balk if he has one or both feet outside the foul line at the time of the pitch while holding a base runner to the base? (same for 3rd basemen) 

Did you know that there are 108 stitches on a major league baseball.

Did you know a base runner in baseball can tag up and leave the occupied base as soon as a fielder touches a fly ball, not when it's caught. This rule is to stop fielders from juggling the ball on purpose to confuse the base runner.  

Virgil

Auto-5
5 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Storm mojo to you 

Auto-5
On 8/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, tut said:

Do you know when you are over 60 that your grow more hair on your ears then the top of your head.  Well, only speaking of personal experience of course. 

Yes unfortunately I knew that

erik meade
21 hours ago, Hettmoe said:

I guess my math skills are lacking. I did not know that numbers divisible by 100 are not all divisible by 4.  I still can't quite believe it.....

Oooops.  I meant divisible by 400.

jeff88

Did you know the same storm system can have both a hurricane and tornadoes?