Brad Eden

Didn't know that...

Brad Eden
15 minutes ago, Spin said:

Brad I think you're completely missing the point of my original post. The point I made "Serves The "Victims" of this disaster. The emphasis of the self interest and lack of empathy spotlighted will spur aid and help to prevent such a thing from happening again. It should not of happened in the first place and is very wrong. Exposing it is only fair and right and unfortunately  political interests of a particular party "Were" involved and those responsible should be brought to light so this behavior does not occur again. In fortunately this type of event will happen again and with increasing frequency and violence. Whether or not we like it there is an intrinsic link to politics here It does affect us all and that includes we the Hunting Community and members of this board.

As an aside my older sister, her husband and two sons lived in Texas for close to 20 years and most of that in the Huston area. Their two sons were born and raised into their teen years there. Needless to say they have many close friends affected by this disaster. Sorry to ruffle your or anyone else's feathers here and I do appreciate your position and greatly support it but there are I believe, times when exceptions can be made.

Not a bit. Im not picking on you Jerry, and lets take this to the Message system. You have a propensity to slip in Political content, whether you even realize it or not. It doesnt matter how important, funny, applicable or how benign your or any political statements are. This is a NO POLITICS BOARD. I am constantly smashing my head against this wall. If I let anything go, and i cant keep track of everything, I hear it from Members who accuse me of bias, and if something does slip by it opens the door for more political content,"How come you let so and so post that but not me..." it snowballs. No apologies, been this way for 16 years and wont ever change. Best....Brad Oh, I created a Gun Control forum some time back to let off steam and it was an absolute horror show and I closed it. Never again.

Spin
7 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Not a bit. Im not picking on you, and lets take this to the Message system. You have a propensity to slip in Political content, whether you even realize it or not. It doesnt matter how important, funny, applicable or how benign your or any political statements are. This is a NO POLITICS BOARD. I am constantly smashing my head against this wall. If I let anything go, and i cant keep track of everything, I hear it from Members who accuse me of bias, and if something does slip by it opens the door for more political content,"How come you let so and so post that but not me..." it snowballs. No apologies, been this way for 16 years and wont ever change. Best....Brad

OK, understood. I thought about using PM but as I said I figured I owed both the members and you both an explanation.

Virgil Kane

Did you know that the saying " Waltzing Matilda"  is slang in Australia for walking the Outback on foot ?

mshowman

Did you know that after you dice jalapeños for salsa you absolutely need to scrub your hands thoroughly and repeatedly before taking a pee? I learned that yesterday. 

BlacknTan
31 minutes ago, mshowman said:

Did you know that after you dice jalapeños for salsa you absolutely need to scrub your hands thoroughly and repeatedly before taking a pee? I learned that yesterday. 

Now, that's good to know!!!

barna
16 hours ago, mshowman said:

Mike,

Substitute the Jalapenos for scorpion peppers and wipe the sweat off your brow, that stuff absorbed  through the skin and in to my eyes.

I did find out the hard way not to take a leak after climbing a poison ivy laden tree (deer stand) in the dark. :$:S

Barna

Up North
17 hours ago, mshowman said:

My wife says the same goes for putting in contact lenses! 🙈

WhatsDaPoint
On 8/30/2017 at 6:03 PM, mshowman said:

You'd think that wisdom would apply to boxing the clown, beating the bishop, punching the purple ninja etc...

But it's not bad. In fact I planted extra jalapeños this year. Making salsa almost everyday!

Spin
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, Remo said:

Well, sure. What would eat a woodcock on purpose?

Two reasons their survival rate is high is because the parent birds are very attentive. A second is they frequently double clutch (lay, hatch and rear a second clutch)

Millriver

Did you know it takes on average 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup? Earlier in the season when the sugar content is high, you could make a gallon with 30-32 gallons of sap. At the end of the season when the sugar content is lower, it could be 50 gallons of sap per gallon, hence the average. 

braque du upstate

Poop and woodcock jokes. I love UJ .about 5 years ago I " lost " half a t shirt a few mikes from the truck.  teach leave it. And carry tp In a Ziploc.  don't try to explain to the wife why you only have one sock , or half a t shirt. Mama will think your even weirder than you are.  Wives love it when you spend thousand on gear and gas chasing mud bats. Single women also can' t hear enough about the merits of shot size selection.  Upland discussion topics are amazingly popular  with millennials in particular.   I can causualy clear a hall of chaty nurses in seconds:D

8 hours ago, braque du upstate said:

Single women also can' t hear enough about the merits of shot size selection.  Upland discussion topics are amazingly popular  with millennials in particular. 

This is part of why I hope my wife out lives me. 

Britlab

IMG_1520.PNG

topdog1961

Just got back from the docs office. They have an electronic display board to flash general health info to you while you wait on the doc. One slide said that babies born into homes with a dogs are on average 31% healthier their first year. Babies with cats were 6% healthier. 

If if cats make you 6% healthier, I have a cousin that will live forever. 

Greg Hartman

Didja know I've gotten about a hundred laughs from this topic.