REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Brad Eden

Didn't know that...

RuffChaser

Did you know that there is an amazing amount of useless information in the world and my wife believes my brain is the repository for most of it?

RuffChaser
12 minutes ago, Joel S. said:

Did you know an aspen tree grove in Colorado is duking it out with a giant underground fungus to be declared the world's largest organism?

Being a grouse hunter, my money is on the aspen...

That is awesome. I need to look into this.

Brad Eden

Ha, this Topic grew legs.

Did you know...the warty bumps on a wild turkeys necks are called caruncles?

MAArcher
2 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Ha, this Topic grew legs.

Did you know...the warty bumps on a wild turkeys necks are called caruncles?

Did you know my friend Jim can't say caruncles so he's been pronouncing it "cruncles" for the last 15 year's I've known him and because I don't want to make him to feel bad I've kept a straight face and never corrected him in all that time?  

MAArcher

Did you know that if your wife dumps half a gallon of bleach into the toilet and you come along afterward and pee an almost equal amount that enough cyanogen chloride gas is produced that you can hear it forming (what's that sizzling sound?) and if you were sitting down instead of standing up so that you could take a break and read the new Cabela's catalog, you can inhale enough gas to experience cyanogen chloride gas poisoning symptoms of confusion and dizziness?  

barna

Did you know that most women will mow the lawn if they have a zero turn mower. :)

3Mutts&Me

Did you know, that in Spanish (Guatemala) the word "esposa" means handcuffs.....and wife?  or that the word "suegra" means mother-in-law...and also is used for the heel of a loaf of bread? :D

browndrake
4 hours ago, 3Mutts&Me said:

Did you know, that in Spanish (Guatemala) the word "esposa" means handcuffs.....and wife?

Just was telling a young man about this yesterday!  He grew up spanish speaking but had never thought about it.   (pretty sure that it is fairly universal...not just guate.)

Virgil Kane

Did you know that the Bears still suck?  

Football team not our four legged friends

barna
15 hours ago, browndrake said:

Just was telling a young man about this yesterday!  He grew up spanish speaking but had never thought about it.   (pretty sure that it is fairly universal...not just guate.)

Did you know that in Hungarian when the wife refers to her husband to someone else he is called " ur"  or "uram "  translation is lord or my lord.  :D

Did you know that the Hungarian partridge is called "fogoly" and it translates in to the same meaning as captive or prisoner.

Barna

browndrake
3 hours ago, barna said:

Did you know that the Hungarian partridge is called "fogoly" and it translates in to the same meaning as captive or prisoner.

I didn't know that!  

BUT

If they are prisoners or captives, why are they so good at getting away from me?

RookieEP

Did you know wild pheasants will fly and hide in trees. 

A sharptail that mates with a prairie chicken is called shicken and will be sterile 

charlo slim
7 minutes ago, RookieEP said:

A sharptail that mates with a prairie chicken is called shicken and will be sterile 

And a pheasant x duck hybrid is called a phu...... Oh, never mind.

gaberdeen
11 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

Did you know that the Bears still suck?  

Football team not our four legged friends

Did you know that the Jets suck even worse. I bet you did, everyone knows that!