Jump to content

Didn't know that...


Recommended Posts

I guess my math skills are lacking. I did not know that numbers divisible by 100 are not all divisible by 4.  I still can't quite believe it.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Brad Eden

    16

  • RuffChaser

    10

  • erik meade

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should have added this.    Did you know...that I think clam strips should be illegal to serve, at least in Maine. If you can't eat a whole clam then order chicken fingers.

Did you know that after you dice jalapeños for salsa you absolutely need to scrub your hands thoroughly and repeatedly before taking a pee? I learned that yesterday. 

Did you know that bird hunters go bat sh!t crazy in August

Posted Images

Did you know that "A man a plan a canal Panama" spells the same thing forward or backwards? More of that useless info.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 10:25 PM, erik meade said:

Did you know that leap years do not occur every 4 years?

 

Years divisible by 100 are not a leap years, unless they are also divisible by 4.

 

So 1600 was a leap year

1700, 1800, 1900 were not

2000 was

2100 will not be a leap year.

 This is the way I saw it stated.  As all 100's are divisible by 4. 

 

A year is not a leap year if it's NOT divisible by 4, OR if it's divisible by 100 AND NOT divisible by 400

 

Seems they have to skip a few as the rotation isn't exact on the 4 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you know that the sentence:  "Hurricane Harvey is heading to Houston." is alliteration?  That's about the only good thing I can think of right now as I head outside to batten down the hatches (and yard furniture).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Did you know that the sentence:  "Hurricane Harvey is heading to Houston." is alliteration?  That's about the only good thing I can think of right now as I head outside to batten down the hatches (and yard furniture).

Be safe, I've got several friends down in that Houston to San Antonio area, most have packed their trash and headed for higher ground but a few are going to ride it out. Harvey is looking nastier and nastier as it hits shallower water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Be safe, I've got several friends down in that Houston to San Antonio area, most have packed their trash and headed for higher ground but a few are going to ride it out. Harvey is looking nastier and nastier as it hits shallower water.

Thanks for the nice thoughts.

 

Did you know that he Hurricane's storm surges do the most damage?  At least we're pretty far inland.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you know that, in baseball, all foul tips are caught and count as a strike. Any ball "tipped" and not caught is not a foul tip it is a foul ball and may or may not be a strike (not if the batter already has two strikes). No foul balls are caught (in the air) and play is dead. A ball caught in the air in foul territory is a fly-out, play continues (runners may advance).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, the reports for the storm hitting Texas sends shivers down my spine. That deluge of Water and wind are devastating components. Hunker down and best of luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.  It looks like its going to be a bad one.  My rounds this morning took me from Richardson down to Dallas  on Central Expressway (US 75), and I saw a caravan of electrical service trucks, about a dozen, headed south.  They were from OK.   Wish y'all down there good fortune through it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Felix said:

Did you know that, in baseball, all foul tips are caught and count as a strike. Any ball "tipped" and not caught is not a foul tip it is a foul ball and may or may not be a strike (not if the batter already has two strikes). No foul balls are caught (in the air) and play is dead. A ball caught in the air in foul territory is a fly-out, play continues (runners may advance).

 

Did you know that in baseball there are only 8 players in the field of play?  The catcher is the only one not between the foul lines.

 

Did you know that in baseball that a catcher can be called for a balk if he leaves the catchers box before the pitcher releases the ball? 

 

Did you know that in baseball a first baseman can be called for a balk if he has one or both feet outside the foul line at the time of the pitch while holding a base runner to the base? (same for 3rd basemen) 

 

Did you know that there are 108 stitches on a major league baseball.

 

Did you know a base runner in baseball can tag up and leave the occupied base as soon as a fielder touches a fly ball, not when it's caught. This rule is to stop fielders from juggling the ball on purpose to confuse the base runner.  

 

Virgil

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Did you know that the sentence:  "Hurricane Harvey is heading to Houston." is alliteration?  That's about the only good thing I can think of right now as I head outside to batten down the hatches (and yard furniture).

Storm mojo to you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, tut said:

Do you know when you are over 60 that your grow more hair on your ears then the top of your head.  Well, only speaking of personal experience of course. 

Yes unfortunately I knew that

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hettmoe said:

I guess my math skills are lacking. I did not know that numbers divisible by 100 are not all divisible by 4.  I still can't quite believe it.....

 

Oooops.  I meant divisible by 400.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you know the same storm system can have both a hurricane and tornadoes?    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...