REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Speedgoat44

Got the 'fuzz' called on me today...

kgb

Is there any recourse for the victims of do-gooders out there? Once the do-gooder reveals himself to be such, swear out a complaint against them? For wasting a cop's time? For showing poor judgement? For being a PITA?

bobman
4 minutes ago, kgb said:

Is there any recourse for the victims of do-gooders out there? Once the do-gooder reveals himself to be such, swear out a complaint against them? For wasting a cop's time? For showing poor judgement? For being a PITA?

if being stupid was a crime the jails would be bursting at the seams

MAArcher
3 hours ago, bobman said:

if being stupid was a crime the jails would be bursting at the seams

I'd probably have to call the wife to bail me out every couple weeks.

Larry Brown

When I lived in the small town of Brooklyn, IA, I owned a pointer and a gsp.  There was no leash law in town, but there was a regulation that said dogs were supposed to be "under control".  (Someone needed to talk to the owner of the Irish setter he apparently tied out frequently on a rope.  That dog passed through my yard at least 3 different times towing a chunk of chewed through rope.  Guess the owner was a slow learner.)  There was a very large open lot right behind my house.  The owner told me it was fine if I let my dogs run around on his lot.  Anyhow, I'm cleaning out dog runs one day when the town cop stops and reminds me that my dogs, temporarily on the loose, needed to be under control.  I blew the whistle hanging around my neck, and had 2 dogs standing beside me in about 5 seconds.  Asked him if that constituted "under control".  He walked away, muttering to himself.

terrym
7 hours ago, Larry Brown said:

I blew the whistle hanging around my neck, and had 2 dogs standing beside me in about 5 seconds.  Asked him if that constituted "under control".  He walked away, muttering to himself.

Hard to argue with that. When I used to take my Britt to the dog park I intentionally recalled him with whistle. It always blew away the opinionated pooch owners to see what they thought was s crazy dog respond so well. I don't do dog parks anymore. 

Wildcat
On 10/4/2017 at 4:13 AM, terrym said:

Hard to argue with that. When I used to take my Britt to the dog park I intentionally recalled him with whistle. It always blew away the opinionated pooch owners to see what they thought was s crazy dog respond so well. I don't do dog parks anymore. 

I am with ya on this, I take my pups to the 'madhouse' aka dog park to train em to come regardless of the rampaging dogs running everywhere. So far it has worked out well for me in other applications despite other distractions.

Wildcat
On 10/3/2017 at 2:22 PM, bobman said:

Hey Bobman, this happened in Florida way too often as well. Some of the K9 vehicles even had fail safe systems to roll the windows down if the vehicle quit for some reason and this could fail too. I get nervous when I read about folks leaving a dog in a closed vehicle and relying on their vehicle's AC to keep a dog cool in hot weather, if the vehicle engine stops it doesn't take long for the heat to build up :( Mechanical systems can fail