REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Hockey is back!

Tom Avent

Yes, I know the baseball play-offs are in full swing, and the NFL(if anyone is still watching), and NCAA football is pretty compelling this year. However, it sure was good to the ice sheet.

Of BTW, anyone catch the score of the Pens v. Blackhawks? As a long time Caps fan, that gave me a little bounce to my step today.

Clueless1

Yeah, hockey hasn't really started here in Pittsburgh yet.  O.o

MNice

YES!

MNice
18 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

Yeah, hockey hasn't really started here in Pittsburgh yet.  O.o

Yeah, what the heck happened in Chicago.

It's my daughter's first year away at college and she's a huge Pens fan. She texted me all night in bewilderment.

Big Al

It's about time.  With the Lightning not making the playoffs last year I've been on hockey withdrawal way too long. 

The Blackhawk-Penquins game was a thing of beauty.:D

Drouin looked good for the Canadiens last night.  That trade will really suck if Sergachev doesn't become a stud dman. 

Clueless1

Two time defending Champs.  They earned my permission to take the first two games lightly.  This continues into next week though, and I'll be concerned. 

Dogwood

Red Wings opened their season with a 4-2 over the Wild at their brand new Little Ceasars Arena (puke name, should have been Olympia II).  They have a decent young squad but lack a marquee defensemen.  And a power play.  And a big right hand shot forward.  And a premier goal scorer. And one more solid center.

Lars

The time of the year I wish I still had cable. Or dish. 

Ben Hong
4 hours ago, Big Al said:

It's about time.  With the Lightning not making the playoffs last year I've been on hockey withdrawal way too long. 

The Blackhawk-Penquins game was a thing of beauty.:D

Drouin looked good for the Canadiens last night.  That trade will really suck if Sergachev doesn't become a stud dman. 

You know that I have doubted the ability of Drouin. But after seeing what he can do in the exhibition games and last night, I might have to take all the negative thoughts back. He and Pacioretti might have some serious chemistry developing. Don't worry about Sergachev.

Virgil Kane

Go Hawks !!!

jeff88

15 goals given up in two games, Pens not off to a great start, an understatement to be certain.  We know in the 'Burgh that this team has a strong bounce back gene through their collective souls so for now, I'm not overly concerned.  They've been after it for many more games over the past two years than anyone else and may be feeling that.  Also with the departures of some great character guys there may be some blending in steps to be taken but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, 10 GOALS!!!!!!  TO CHICAGO???!!!  WHAT THE HECK?????!!!!  :o

(Sorry for raising my voice.  I'm OK, no really, I'm OK.)  :(

Big Al

I think there's some validity to the players being wore out by deep runs in the playoffs.  Lightning looked tired last year after a cup final and a conference final in subsequent years.

Virgil Kane
1 hour ago, jeff88 said:

t FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, 10 GOALS!!!!!!  TO CHICAGO???!!!  WHAT THE HECK?????!!!!  :o

Yep B|

They were shooting goals last night like they shoot people on the south side. In multiples of 5.........twice  :D

Tom Avent
12 hours ago, Big Al said:

I think there's some validity to the players being wore out by deep runs in the playoffs.  Lightning looked tired last year after a cup final and a conference final in subsequent years.

That is why(I HATE saying this), what the Pens did last year is so amazing. Of all professional sports, winning back to back Cups has to be the most difficult.

Believe me, I've watched the Pens crush my hopes too many times to ever count them out, especially so early.

Tom Avent

However, it is ALWAYS a pleasure to watch the Pens flounder and their fans squirm :)