REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Hockey is back!

kgb

Tom is right, Jeff88, and you are wrong in your reading of his post.  It's quite plain. 

I was in Pgh the last 2 Cup runs, hope they can thrive without my direct support this time. The Pierogie shop stocks are no doubt down, as are proceeds at two gun clubs and shotgun shell sales at several area stores. 

jeff88
14 hours ago, kgb said:

Tom is right, Jeff88, and you are wrong in your reading of his post.  It's quite plain. 

I was in Pgh the last 2 Cup runs, hope they can thrive without my direct support this time. The Pierogie shop stocks are no doubt down, as are proceeds at two gun clubs and shotgun shell sales at several area stores. 

Now let me get this straight Mr. KGB - you are not only much better at reading than me, you are also a key economic indicator for the greater PGH area? 

B| - see, I'm using an emoticon to show the line above is dripping with sarcasm.   As much as I try to not use them, they can be helpful.  Tom, you reading this?  Here's the emoticon for Tom -- :D

BTW, twice I indicated I was unsure about Tom's post in my replies so I took him at face value, was that not plain?  Besides, many in here take every opportunity to bash the Pens and 87, this is not the 1st thread on NHL Hockey.  At 72 posts, you need some catching up!

Welcome to the UJ.  Anyone with an appreciation of Pierogies and Penguins is OK by me.  Hope you enjoyed it in PGH.  What part of town were you?  

Tom Avent

I promise I didn't pay him :D

jeff88
6 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

I promise I didn't pay him :D

Tom, I'd never suspect that you would do something like that.  Never....

...please re-read above, I edited it a bit from the version you may have read.  

kgb

It's a hazard trying to guess intent on 2d black and white screening, with or without emoticons, and I shall back off a bit!  

I was in West View just north of the horseshoe, attended the PA Gunsmith School in Avalon. Grew up in the South Hills, was ignorant of the North Hills mostly as, it turned out, are the majority of the people I grew up with AND their parents. Like 2 rivers is 1 too many to cross.  

jeff88
2 hours ago, kgb said:

It's a hazard trying to guess intent on 2d black and white screening, with or without emoticons, and I shall back off a bit!  

I was in West View just north of the horseshoe, attended the PA Gunsmith School in Avalon. Grew up in the South Hills, was ignorant of the North Hills mostly as, it turned out, are the majority of the people I grew up with AND their parents. Like 2 rivers is 1 too many to cross.  

Tom and I have been going back and forth for a while, no worries on my part.  I find him to be someone I'd like to have a beer with.  But Tom?  Who can guess?!!!  B|

That is so PGH, south hills never goes to the north and vice versa.  Most people live within a few miles of where they were born.  My last house in PGH was 1.3 miles from the family house.  Hope you are doing well with gun smithing and in NE.  

Chesepeakes_Man

Leafs are looking better than they have for a long long time.

Go Leafs !!!!

Dale 

Big Al

I think the Lightning had a pretty productive week.  Defeated Caps, Pens and Blues.  

jeff88
15 hours ago, Big Al said:

I think the Lightning had a pretty productive week.  Defeated Caps, Pens and Blues.  

Lightening off and running.  They could be the team to beat this year in the East.

Believe your team has a really good addition this year getting Chris Kunitz.  He's a fan favorite in PGH and was well liked by teammates and coaches.  My daughter met him once, he stood out to her even among the better known Pens she met in Denver after a game - said he was just a great person.  I don't recall too many players as clutch as Kinitz - 9th in Pens all time scoring yet 6th with game winning goals.  That says a lot to me.  His game winner in OT in game 7 versus Ottawa will always be a big part of PGH sports lore.

Clueless1

I can get these for those that are interested in getting on board for a third Cup run!  If ya can't beat us join us!

IMG_0014.JPG

Big Al

Too bad there isn't a thumbs down icon.:)

kgb

Nice! My dogs are Black and Tan. If not Black and Gold. We'll, two of them anyhow. 

Dogwood

My Dee-Troit Red Wings have won a few of late.  More entertaining to watch at least.  They have some good young fast skaters that can score.  For now.

Ben Hong

The Dead Habs have been given the Lazarus treatment by a young American kid goalie by the name of Charlie, as in Lindgren. They have now won 6 of their last 8 games, 2 points out of a playoff ranking. Who' da thunk it?? He only waltzed into Chicago and blanked them 2-0, the Habs' first win in Chi since 2002.

Maybe Carey should be given a long vacation to rest his "injury".

Big Al

Didn't they move Galchenyuc (sp) back to center also?

Something really strange going on with Price.