Tom Avent

Hockey is back!

Ben Hong
20 hours ago, Big Al said:

Didn't they move Galchenyuc (sp) back to center also?

Something really strange going on with Price. 

Galchenyuk played centre after the injury to Drouin last game. Some of my trusted fellow fans were saying during the losing streak that the team is actually better than what was showing up every night then. But wishful thinking and a buck might get you a cup of coffee.

As for Price, there might be something more than what has been revealed but as fans we can mentally let him fade into the background while he recovers as we cheer on Charlie!

Tom Avent
On 10/13/2017 at 6:52 PM, jeff88 said:

Tom and I have been going back and forth for a while, no worries on my part.  I find him to be someone I'd like to have a beer with.  But Tom?  Who can guess?!!!  B|

Sorry....late to respond. I would love to have a beer with you. It could actually be fun to get together and have a few beers while watching a Caps/Pens game. Of course, the way the Caps are looking, mine will be watered down with tears.

Big Al

Just in case you Easterners missed it because of the late games.  Lightning are in California and played back to back games against the Sharks and Kings winning them 5-1, 5-2.  Stamkos and Kucherov lighting it up.

MNice

I caught some of the Lightening games and WOW, a force to be reckoned.

How about Jason Zucker? He's having a great season and scored all 5 of the Wild's goals the past two games including a hat trick against the Hab's!

Ben Hong

Sure looks like the Bolts are the team with a mission. The last couple of years the Habs were the leading team well into February, but a couple of key injuries hampered their march deep into the playoffs.

Tom Avent
21 hours ago, Big Al said:

Just in case you Easterners missed it because of the late games.  Lightning are in California and played back to back games against the Sharks and Kings winning them 5-1, 5-2.  Stamkos and Kucherov lighting it up.

Al, believe me, enjoy it. Of course, the Bolts have proven not to be the complete "choking dogs" that the Caps have been over the past.......43 years(I lost track of the President trophies we won). However, it is November and I believe the Bolts go as Stamkos goes. I would be setting up an alter somewhere doing everything possible praying for his health.

Big Al
4 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Al, believe me, enjoy it. Of course, the Bolts have proven not to be the complete "choking dogs" that the Caps have been over the past.......43 years(I lost track of the President trophies we won). However, it is November and I believe the Bolts go as Stamkos goes. I would be setting up an alter somewhere doing everything possible praying for his health.

Hockey is a fickle game and success can be fleeting. During the conference finals against Pittsburgh in 2016 I was talking to a an older guy like me at one of the games about that very thing.  We were watching all the kids having a blast at the game and we said they better enjoy it because next year could be nothing. Well the Lightning missed the playoffs in 2017.

This Lightning team is mad about missing the playoffs last year and also about being so close to the cup the last few years but coming up short.  Some regression to norm is expected but a healthy Stamkos should keep things moving in the right direction.

jeff88

Watched the Pens lose a shootout to the Preds in my hotel room in Bangkok via a game tracker with video feeds for some of the plays - no hockey in Thailand!  Pens seem a bit gassed, Crosby sputtering, and teams are revving up their A-game to play the champs - a perfect storm to be just a bit over 500 hockey.  Season is early and much can happen before next spring but them Bolts sure do seem for real.  It's 11:34 PM CST as I get ready for a 1 PM BKK planning meeting I'm co-hosting today (Sunday PM).  May go watch the Steelers at a BKK Sports Pub, they start at 1:00 AM local time.  

Who needs sleep????!!!!

Ben Hong

Jeff, how far are you from the Pat Pong district??

jeff88
24 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

Jeff, how far are you from the Pat Pong district??

2.4 kilometers, walking distance if one wants to sweat...

Big Al

The Pens have played a lot of hockey over the last two years.  It might be catching up to them.

Ben Hong
7 hours ago, jeff88 said:

2.4 kilometers, walking distance if one wants to sweat...

That’s pretty precise...

jeff88
10 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

That’s pretty precise...

9_9

Was checking on going there via mapquest, wanted to walk to sweat out some over-indulgence from the night before.  In BKK, you don't need to walk far to sweat out a lot of damage.

Tom Avent

Ok.......I'm going to call it before we get out of November. St. Louis and Nashville in the West. Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh(because no matter how shitty these guys look, they always seem to be able to pull it together). Done. Nothing else to see.

At least now my heart can break instead of another GD game 7 round 2 loss.

Big Al

Preds looked pretty good last night.