Hockey is back!

17 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Man the three teams I love to hate Leafs, Pens and Broons are all going to the east playoffs.

Al and other hockey fans, sorry if I'm repeating myself but I really do like it when other fans hate the Pens.  It's simple, it means they are relevant.  You should be very happy if/when I start hating your Bolts.

Neither Bolts or Pens goalies are doing much right now.  When was the last time you might have said "Our goalie stole this one tonight!"   Not happening right now in the 'Burgh.  As much as I like Murray, he's had a tough season personally with the loss of his dad and physically.  At 23, I'm all for giving that kid a break.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rules of the board: No politics, religion or bragging about the Penguins.

I don't hate the Pens because they are relevant.   I hated them even when there was talk of them moving from Pittsburgh because attendance was not good and they needed a new arena.  Then the NHL went

Yes, I know the baseball play-offs are in full swing, and the NFL(if anyone is still watching), and NCAA football is pretty compelling this year. However, it sure was good to the ice sheet.  

Posted Images

Vasy is 23 also.  He has never played close to this many games in a season and he still has the playoffs ahead of him.  I think he's exhausted.

He has all the makings of a good one but I think he has just run out of gas.

vagrousehunter

I don't hate the Pens because they are relevant.   I hated them even when there was talk of them moving from Pittsburgh because attendance was not good and they needed a new arena.  Then the NHL went behind closed doors to conduct the lottery that involved Crosby and, magically, the Penguins got the first pick of the draft.  Truthfully, though,  I really hate them because, relevant or not, they always beat my Caps and I'm a sore loser !

33 minutes ago, vagrousehunter said:

I don't hate the Pens because they are relevant.   I hated them even when there was talk of them moving from Pittsburgh because attendance was not good and they needed a new arena.  Then the NHL went behind closed doors to conduct the lottery that involved Crosby and, magically, the Penguins got the first pick of the draft.  Truthfully, though,  I really hate them because, relevant or not, they always beat my Caps and I'm a sore loser !

I love a good conspiracy.

Usually the conspiracy theories involve the Habs, especially during the tenure of Frank Selke and Sam Pollock. I, along with a host of Hab fans almost believed that Sid would somehow end up a Hab. Before the lottery draw, it was rumoured that Sid and his father were hoping that the Habs would win the lottery seeing that both were diehard Hab fans, with the senior Crosby having been drafted by the Habs in his time.

Not sure who the Bolts played tonight , surely wasn't a playoff bound team . Urggggh !!!

12 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Not sure who the Bolts played tonight , surely wasn't a playoff bound team . Urggggh !!!

The second round will be one for the ages.

Blue Jackets on a tear too - came back from down for the count last night to winning in OT.  Wings gave up a pretty good lead.  

Oh yeah, all y'all keep your mitts off Crosby.  He's a Pittsburgher now.  We are very happy about that.  How he got there is of no concern anymore, he's there and he's doing just fine.  :)

Steve Hunts

AV's move on to face Nashville in the playoffs, great game!

Western playoffs will be exciting this year, great match-ups.

Meanwhile, here in WNY, 7 consecutive years of hitting the links early. A sorry excuse for an NHL team are the Sabres. Rooting for the Preds again this year, for no particular reason, other than disdain for the other teams in the East.