Are you a Fueler or a Foody?

Pretty much a fueler for breakfast and lunch and a foody for dinner here, I can cook very well and when it comes to dinner I really like to do so when our schedules allow it. When it comes to eating out though its definite Foody, tonight for example we are going to a Page to Palate literature dinner featuring readings on the glory of food in between courses of an Amouse Bouche, Risotto all Griccia, Choucroute Garnie, a Ferial and the Festal lamb main and dessert course.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Brad Eden

• Virgil Kane

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I have to eat to function, I might as well eat well, and good. All through our 45 years of marriage I have done 95% of the supper cooking because it pains me to watch my wife cook from a recipe and

lots of labs married to poodles on this site   I am pretty much always hungry, like a great white shark I cruise thru the day looking for my next victim, my only complaint with foodies is th

Obviously not from the home of Heinz!  Is there even a hot dog in there? 

If I have to eat to function, I might as well eat well, and good. All through our 45 years of marriage I have done 95% of the supper cooking because it pains me to watch my wife cook from a recipe and still burn the flikken meal. Yes, she even admits that she is lousy at it. Paradoxically she is an excellent dessert maker or baker. Go figger!

7 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

If I have to eat to function, I might as well eat well, and good. All through our 45 years of marriage I have done 95% of the supper cooking because it pains me to watch my wife cook from a recipe and still burn the flikken meal. Yes, she even admits that she is lousy at it. Paradoxically she is an excellent dessert maker or baker. Go figger!

Same here Ben, my wife is an outstanding baker winning a few awards even over the years, a chef once told me that cooking is an art and baking a science I think that's the issue, because I cant even bake a decent CAN of biscuits without burning them LOL

16 hours ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Pretty much a fueler for breakfast and lunch and a foody for dinner here, I can cook very well and when it comes to dinner I really like to do so when our schedules allow it. When it comes to eating out though its definite Foody, tonight for example we are going to a Page to Palate literature dinner featuring readings on the glory of food in between courses of an Amouse Bouche, Risotto all Griccia, Choucroute Garnie, a Ferial and the Festal lamb main and dessert course.

That settles it.  I am a fueler.  I can't even pronounce the words involved to be a foody!

One of my greatest pleasures is cooking on a hunting trip and watching faces light up when my buddies realize that all the stuff they thought was nasty, dry or gamy can taste pretty good when prepared with a light hand and a little bit of knowledge.  Hank Shaw is one of of my heroes.

Thanks for all the replies. This has been sort of a joke between me and JoAnn. It's good to see I'm not alone with my Fueling...

15 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Thanks for all the replies. This has been sort of a joke between me and JoAnn. It's good to see I'm not alone with my Fueling...

Brad, by the responses, seems there are more fuelers than foodies.   

My "go to" fueler lunch on days where I have minimal time to make then eat lunch is very simple:  Jif extra crunchy with local honey on either oatmeal or whole wheat bread with an apple and iced tea.  For some reason, this never gets tiresome.  Sometimes I only have 15 to 20 minutes to down something as I mostly work from home and eat between meetings.  If I have an hour I either go out or reheat leftovers.  Since my wife is apex on the foodie chain, these leftovers can be really good.  Today I'm having grilled salmon with corn on the cob.

1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

You are not alone Brad, same with my wife and I.

Just got back from celebrating our 20th at a resort for 4 days.  There were 5 star restaurants that I dutifully went to, and enjoyed very much.  The problem is that with nothing really to do but hang around at the beach I wanted to strap on the food bag.  I ordered something for dinner one night and when the waiter brought it over I said to my wife "This is great, if they brought about 7 of these it would be a meal."

She was excited though, and got home and looked up her DVR recordings of the episode of Top Chef they filmed there.  We also hit a restaurant in Las Vegas a few years ago that was the same way, a Top Chef chef owned it and she was excited to eat there. 

If I actually think about eating, it is how much can I get into me so I don't have to waste time doing this again for awhile:) 

I don't eat breakfast, I get up and I'm moving (wife and kids hate it because I am that annoying guy that wakes up ready to go).  I eat a lot at night, when I'm done or it doesn't interfere with other goings on.  My wife will save 3 bites of something 'top end'.  I can't believe we wasted the Tupperware (am I showing some age here?) to save it.  Just eat the three bites!  :D

3 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

That settles it.  I am a fueler.  I can't even pronounce the words involved to be a foody!

Literally had me laughing out loud in the office with that one xD

Somewhere in between. Always loved a good, well prepared meal when time and circumstances allowed. My job requires me to work crazy hours and I'm often on the road so was more a fueler until the doctor pointed out the error of my ways.

Immediately dropped the junk food (I really miss potato chips!) and started eating healthy, taking the time to eat and prepare better meals. I've eaten more salads in the last 7 months than the previous 7 years! My wife and I will now make the time to cook, pair dinner with wine, and enjoy the experience. 

I have a hunting friend who'll be here for a week in November who's a foody, and bird camp meals are a 4 hour experience. Love it!

And for what it's worth, I enjoy leftovers and when I ate hot dogs, there was always ketchup on them!

2 hours ago, Millriver said:

when I ate hot dogs, there was always ketchup on them!

The Heinz Company thanks you.  While still not putting ketchup on each time I dog it, am still maintaining is a legitimate hot dog condiment!  

23 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

My wife will save 3 bites of something 'top end'.  I can't believe we wasted the Tupperware (am I showing some age here?) to save it.  Just eat the three bites!  :D

Our fridge often has these tiny leftover portions too.  Promise you, they are not mine and only two of us live here.  Beginning to look like Primanti Bros in Harmarville is a must!

3 hours ago, jeff88 said:

The Heinz Company thanks you.  While still not putting ketchup on each time I dog it, am still maintaining is a legitimate hot dog condiment!  

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Virgil Kane said:

Virgil

OK Mr. Kane, you win.  Since Dirty Harry spake this, I shall forever comply with this standard, no ketchup on dogs!  You have provided more than sufficient proof.