• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Brad Eden

• Virgil Kane

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I have to eat to function, I might as well eat well, and good. All through our 45 years of marriage I have done 95% of the supper cooking because it pains me to watch my wife cook from a recipe and

lots of labs married to poodles on this site   I am pretty much always hungry, like a great white shark I cruise thru the day looking for my next victim, my only complaint with foodies is th

Obviously not from the home of Heinz!  Is there even a hot dog in there? 

36 minutes ago, Virgil Kane said:

Gotta try that one.

I don't get it at all, but I also don't eat bologna at all. 

They take the whole log thing, cut slots into the peel, and throw it on a smoker. No rub or anything. 

On 10/15/2017 at 4:55 PM, aje4 said:

Fueler....don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good meal.  I wish someone would invent a "kibble" like dog food for humans that is calorie controlled, hi protein, vitamin content, etc..  Then I could just snack with this for breakfast and lunch (maybe even dinner).   I would think there would be a market for this?

On 10/15/2017 at 4:55 PM, aje4 said:

Fueler....don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good meal.  I wish someone would invent a "kibble" like dog food for humans that is calorie controlled, hi protein, vitamin content, etc..  Then I could just snack with this for breakfast and lunch (maybe even dinner).   I would think there would be a market for this?

Easy--mix up a hodge podge trail mix type thing with the ingredients you want/like. Keep a bunch in a zip lock bag with you.

I would call myself  utilitarian foody. During high school and my early twenties I worked in a restaurant owned by one of my best friends parents. It was an entirely from scratch, 60 item menu. It included Steak Au Poivre, Falafel, Personal pizza's (Eggplant and goat cheese, mixed mushroom and feta, margherita), Salmon with pan seared peaches and berries and a white wine cream sauce, Chicken Dijon, a Thai Chili recipe that was two pages long...you get the idea. As a result I fancy myself a pretty decent cook, and I truly enjoy making what many would call 'gourmet' dishes with the game I harvest. It's a little trickier now that I essentially cook everything in 1 pan or on my tiny grill, but it's a just a new challenge that forces some creativity. All that being said, more than a few grouse and ducks get a simple pan searing with salt and pepper and a side of rice or potato, as I want to get back to hunting and I like the simple style as well.

Juxtapose to all that, if I'm driving or in a hurry to get from duck hunting to uplanding, or from one spot to another, than the culinary choices quickly revert to whatever is available. I'm also a big fan of gas station donuts. Why? I don't know and don't care, I just like 'em.