Intro - Meet Dobs

The Most Interesting Dog in the World:

I don't always chew things but when I do...

Oh who am I kidding - I chew everything!

TheMostInterestingDog.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sprocket

• Cold Iron

• Irishwhistler

• kgb

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Most Interesting Dog in the World: I don't always chew things but when I do... Oh who am I kidding - I chew everything!

Hi All - Been a while - thought I'd check in and catch up:   Dobs has been busy with shows lately with a hunt test stuck in between (2nd Started pass) - This weekend he picked up his 3rd 5 p

Update: The NSDTR Region 1 hunt test is in the books and while we didn't pass both days, we passed on Saturday.  Dobs now can change the WC to WCI - I learned a few things during both tests...

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sprocket said:

The Most Interesting Dog in the World:

I don't always chew things but when I do...

Oh who am I kidding - I chew everything!

TheMostInterestingDog.JPG

Where is the photo of Dobs drinking a Dos Equis?  Beautiful pup.

Perk

24 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

That's not real !

Got the bite marks to prove it...

I wish I knew more about training dogs - He's gonna be great but I'll need help.  Found a retriever club and a toller club - hopefully I don't mess up before hunt training starts.

Dobbs may be the cutest puppy I've ever seen.  I don't believe for one minute that this little feller chews or bites - with a face like that he couldn't do ANYTHING wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  He's 11 weeks and approaching 17 lbs.

We're thinking of renaming him "Jaws of the Cape Cod Riptide" - or maybe "3 hole punch" based on his teeth & chewing habits.  If he were a Batman nemesis he'd be "The Piddler".  If he were a weather forecast he's be "Nippy".

At 9 weeks we took him to 1-on-1 puppy class - the instructor says, "Wow, youngest I've worked with, I don't expect much but we're gonna work on name recognition, coming when called and sitting."  I look over at the dog and say, "Dobs, come." with a leg pat - he trots up and sits in front of me waiting for treats/pets.  I look at the young man and he says, "We'll work on all of it with hand signals now."  We had a laugh.

He sleeps in funny positions

IMG_3559.JPG

Hi Dobs! So this is where you are hiding the pics of the new pup! :) Good looking Toller, don't worry about the bite marks they heal. And you have plenty of time you will not screw up. Unless he starts to train you instead of the other way around which is common. 

Yeah Tollers are back sleepers and start young.

15661621793_bd7fc961ef_b.jpg

That was my now 3 year old back during the first month when I could actually wear his little arse out. It doesn't last long. Have fun and keep the pictures updated!

1 hour ago, kgb said:

Sweetheart!  Where do these guys top out in weight? 

Breed standard is 50 pounds for males. But they are compact and powerful breed standard is height at the withers - males, 18-21 inches. The ideal is 19 inches. For the size they are deceptively powerful. I've always asked the breeders for the largest possible and been successful (lucky) they turn out closer to 60 pounds and well over 21 inches. Females are smaller at 40 pounds.