"DAWGS GONE WILD"

Irishwhistler

Irishwhistler

Aye Mates,

Once again I'll be leaving for Maine to hunt birds, departing the Nutmeg State (aka the totally 2nd amendment unfriendly Communecticut) for Vacationland on Sunday 12/3/17.  No, not heading up for more fowling on the coast this time 'round.  TEAM TRAD will be heading  on up to meet me Mate Dave aka "COALMAN" and his yellow Labrador "BELLE" that I trained for him 3 years ago.  Our mission will be the pursuit o' "THE KING O' GAME BIRDS" and o' course just spending some quality time in David's grouse camp, two old friends and their dogs, the latter both bird hunting machines.

We will be in "standby mode" with regards to BELLE as she will be quite close to her heat cycle and that would require her staying home in New Hampshire.  TRAD is a proverbial "bull in a China shop" as a stud, his mind going to complete mush whence there is a female in heat about.  We are hopeful that we get to hunt o'er both dogs and the two get to do what they do best - hunt birds.

I always have a good time when in the company o' Dave, dogs, and birds.  Dave is what ye might say a wee bit crackers whence it comes to chasing wild birds.  The lad lights up at the very mention o' woodcock and grouse, truly he lives to hunt both.  Add me own mania for chasing feathers o'er good dogs and a 20 bore and we have the makings o' some grand days afield.

I will be purveying a jug o' some fine Irish spirits to keep David mildly subdued in grouse camp at night so that he doesn't vibrate himself right out o' his rack whilst dreaming sweetly o' old ruff.

So Mates, consider this a wee teaser o' what might be an upcoming photo essay documenting the hopeful north woods adventures o' two grand friends,  two wonderful Labrador Retrievers, and those partridge we all drive ourselves bonkers giving chase to.

IMG_2279Resized.thumb.JPG.b05649d251eafb18c861f094378bee7b.JPG

TRAD and "Old Ruff".   Let's hope we take a few next week for some good photo's, the skillet, and the memories that sustain us until our next chase o' wild birds.

Slan go Foill

Mikey🍀 🇺🇸 🇮🇪

Fire Marshal Bill

Good luck on your grouse hunt Mike. You will be in good company with Coalman. If anyone can put you into good grouse and w/c clovers he can for sure. 

Irishwhistler
12 minutes ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Good luck on your grouse hunt Mike. You will be in good company with Coalman. If anyone can put you into good grouse and w/c clovers he can for sure. 

Bill,

Many thanks Mate.  T'is more about good times spent betwixt good Mates in the company o' grand sporting dogs in the wild places we all love so dearly.  Any birds taken will just be icing on an already delicious cake.👌

Cheers,

THE DOG WHISTLER 🍀🇺🇸🇮🇪

Went Friday to freshen up camp with my better half. Things looked good. Electricity check. Fridge, check. Heat, check.

I'll have a couple days to scout before team TRAD arrives. Going back to the young firs and pines. The checkerberry and partridge berry were thick on the logging trails.

So far so good with Belle. TRAD will let us know.

I am already having dreams of Stick Season Grouse. Can't wait to see this cover naked.

5a1c1bed37e3e_Mainegrousehabitatweb.jpg.5b2ef493b930fd8cd32aa511f45fd946.jpg