Favorite "Little Known or Low Budget" Movie?

I forgot one of my all time favorites.. A true account of how early hominids  came upon fire, kept it and used it to great advantage..

"Quest for Fire"

With a standout performance by Rae Dawn Chong as a.... well..... cavewoman.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• MAArcher

• Ben Hong

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slingblade and Fargo are cult classics in this house.  I have memorized every line, I think.  

Strange Brew, starring Doug and Bob McKenzie from the Labatts commercials.....

The 1st Cohen brothers film "Blood Simple" still my favorite of all their films with the exception of "The Big Lebowski"

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Bob Blair said:

Saw one on a plane recently that I thought was really excellent. The movie is called "Lucky" and it stars 91 year old (really) Harry Dean Stanton as a WWII vet living in a small desert town. Curmudgeon would be an understatement to describe Stanton's character. He's still seeking the meaning of life even at his advanced age and I think he finds at least a portion of his own purpose in the end. Especially poignant because it is the last role Stanton played before his death and he never even saw the movie released. Highly recommended as a nice feel good beak.

Did a little research on this. It's not on Netflix or free on Amazon Prime. It can be rented from Amazon for $4.99. It has a 98% audience approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes. I never saw one that high. It's now on my watch list. Sounds like something my wife and I can share if it's a feel good movie, cause any more violence, suspense or trauma than A Halmark movie, she's out. 

walt lister
18 hours ago, BlacknTan said:

I forgot one of my all time favorites.. A true account of how early hominids  came upon fire, kept it and used it to great advantage..

"Quest for Fire"

With a standout performance by Rae Dawn Chong as a.... well..... cavewoman.

Liked it. I remember the funny scene------Quest_trees.jpg