Jump to content

Favorite "Little Known or Low Budget" Movie?


Recommended Posts

Not sure if it was low budget at the time, but you don't see it much anymore--"Little Big Man" is a good flick.

 

"We shall use this man as a reverse barometer!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • topdog1961

    12

  • MAArcher

    8

  • Ben Hong

    8

  • Brad Eden

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slingblade and Fargo are cult classics in this house.  I have memorized every line, I think.  

Strange Brew, starring Doug and Bob McKenzie from the Labatts commercials.....

The 1st Cohen brothers film "Blood Simple" still my favorite of all their films with the exception of "The Big Lebowski"

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

Not sure if it was low budget at the time, but you don't see it much anymore--"Little Big Man" is a good flick.

 

"We shall use this man as a reverse barometer!"

It had a huge budget. The box office returns did not reflect the cost. Although I liked it a lot, I didn't think that Dustin Hoffman was the right guy for the part. What the movie left us was a huge compendium of quotable quotes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bert in W N.C.

The Land of Mine, and The Eagle Huntress. The former was set in post WWII Denmark. The later was was filmed in Mongolia within the past three years. In both of these movies you will be reading sub-titles. These are two wonderful films.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw it...

 

Lucky with Harry Dean Stanton at age 91 in his final role. Just a GREAT little film with tremendous acting by Harry and even him singing quit well. David Lynch in a supporting role and Tom Skerrit in a cameo role are wonderful, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Just saw it...

 

Lucky with Harry Dean Stanton at age 91 in his final role. Just a GREAT little film with tremendous acting by Harry and even him singing quit well. David Lynch in a supporting role and Tom Skerrit in a cameo role are wonderful, too.

Check out “Paris, Texas”.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone mentioned it back a ways......Repo Man with Harry Dean Stanton.

 

Even though it might not qualify, I'll still stop what I'm doing to watch Pulp Fiction

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like your movies a little on the twisted side, "Angel Heart" with Robert Deniro and Mickey Rourke is worth a watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, Ben Hong said:

It had a huge budget. The box office returns did not reflect the cost. Although I liked it a lot, I didn't think that Dustin Hoffman was the right guy for the part. What the movie left us was a huge compendium of quotable quotes.

 

eg:  "I was determined to stay out of them buffalo robes.  Three young and healthy women with no man for who knows how long.  The very idea kinda shrunk me like a spider on a hot stove".

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a movie that I don't think was a big hit that could qualify on this and the Westerns thread--"Hildalgo".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best In Show. A very funny satire of dog shows and the people in them.

 

Ballroom Dancing. An Australian movie about competitive ball room dancing. A sort of ugly duckling story but very well done and funny in its own way.

 

I also have to give a vote to Local Hero. I watched it just a week or so ago. At the very beginning listen to the radio broadcast as the Porsche goes down the street. The radio announcer in the background gives the Dow Jones close for the day.........710.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...