Favorite "Little Known or Low Budget" Movie?

Not sure if it was low budget at the time, but you don't see it much anymore--"Little Big Man" is a good flick.

"We shall use this man as a reverse barometer!"

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• MAArcher

• Ben Hong

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slingblade and Fargo are cult classics in this house.  I have memorized every line, I think.  

Strange Brew, starring Doug and Bob McKenzie from the Labatts commercials.....

The 1st Cohen brothers film "Blood Simple" still my favorite of all their films with the exception of "The Big Lebowski"

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

Not sure if it was low budget at the time, but you don't see it much anymore--"Little Big Man" is a good flick.

"We shall use this man as a reverse barometer!"

It had a huge budget. The box office returns did not reflect the cost. Although I liked it a lot, I didn't think that Dustin Hoffman was the right guy for the part. What the movie left us was a huge compendium of quotable quotes.

Bert in W N.C.

The Land of Mine, and The Eagle Huntress. The former was set in post WWII Denmark. The later was was filmed in Mongolia within the past three years. In both of these movies you will be reading sub-titles. These are two wonderful films.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it...

Lucky with Harry Dean Stanton at age 91 in his final role. Just a GREAT little film with tremendous acting by Harry and even him singing quit well. David Lynch in a supporting role and Tom Skerrit in a cameo role are wonderful, too.

53 minutes ago, T-Bone said:

Just saw it...

Lucky with Harry Dean Stanton at age 91 in his final role. Just a GREAT little film with tremendous acting by Harry and even him singing quit well. David Lynch in a supporting role and Tom Skerrit in a cameo role are wonderful, too.

Check out “Paris, Texas”.

Someone mentioned it back a ways......Repo Man with Harry Dean Stanton.

Even though it might not qualify, I'll still stop what I'm doing to watch Pulp Fiction

If you like your movies a little on the twisted side, "Angel Heart" with Robert Deniro and Mickey Rourke is worth a watch. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, Ben Hong said:

It had a huge budget. The box office returns did not reflect the cost. Although I liked it a lot, I didn't think that Dustin Hoffman was the right guy for the part. What the movie left us was a huge compendium of quotable quotes.

eg:  "I was determined to stay out of them buffalo robes.  Three young and healthy women with no man for who knows how long.  The very idea kinda shrunk me like a spider on a hot stove".

There's a movie that I don't think was a big hit that could qualify on this and the Westerns thread--"Hildalgo".

Best In Show. A very funny satire of dog shows and the people in them.

Ballroom Dancing. An Australian movie about competitive ball room dancing. A sort of ugly duckling story but very well done and funny in its own way.

I also have to give a vote to Local Hero. I watched it just a week or so ago. At the very beginning listen to the radio broadcast as the Porsche goes down the street. The radio announcer in the background gives the Dow Jones close for the day.........710.