Favorite "Little Known or Low Budget" Movie?

frugal pointer

UNBRANDED

Its a horse documentary, you can catch it on Netflix.  Watch the trailer, seriously.  I'm not a horse guy, the scenery and story is fantastic.  FP

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• MAArcher

• Ben Hong

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Slingblade and Fargo are cult classics in this house.  I have memorized every line, I think.  

Strange Brew, starring Doug and Bob McKenzie from the Labatts commercials.....

The 1st Cohen brothers film "Blood Simple" still my favorite of all their films with the exception of "The Big Lebowski"

Posted Images

I doubt it was low budget, but I don't think I've heard mention in any of the movie threads of "My Cousin Vinny". It's a great movie and the scene where Vinny first meets his cousin's friend in the jail cell is pure comedy gold. 

And Marisa Tomei sure is easy on the eye in this one. 

7 hours ago, Uplander said:

Not sure it’s “low budget,” but I’d toss Young Frankenstein into the mix.   “What hump?”

" suit yourself I'm easy ":)

Ha! JoAnn and I went to an Escanaba in da Moonlight play this afternoon. Small venue in Bangor ME called The Penobscot Theatre. Great set design and really good acting by local actors. It was funny as hell. They really condensed what I thought was a long convoluted movie into a tight play production. Just plain great.

Does anyone recall a old movie about an American Indian in the southwest trying to catch a wild horse.  There was no dialogue in the entire movie and I believe there was a well known actor playing the part.  

Chesepeakes_Man
6 hours ago, Lars said:

Does anyone recall a old movie about an American Indian in the southwest trying to catch a wild horse.  There was no dialogue in the entire movie and I believe there was a well known actor playing the part.  

Was it Chino with Charles Bronson ?? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chino_(1973_film)

3 hours ago, Chesepeakes_Man said:

Was it Chino with Charles Bronson ?? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chino_(1973_film)

I don't think so.  Its a movie my folks had watched and enjoyed many year ago and they told me I would like it and should see it.  If I remember right no other actors and no dialogue just the man trying to catch the wild horse and it was an actor who at the time was well known. 

But thanks for checking!

1 hour ago, Lars said:

I don't think so.  Its a movie my folks had watched and enjoyed many year ago and they told me I would like it and should see it.  If I remember right no other actors and no dialogue just the man trying to catch the wild horse and it was an actor who at the time was well known. 

I tried to look it up for you with no luck.  But in doing so I stumbled upon a 1958 western with some really outstanding reviews. This is probably more applicable to the western thread, but here goes anyhow. "Gunman's Walk" with Van Heflin and Tab Hunter. 

I never heard of it, so maybe it fits on this thread too. 

1 hour ago, topdog1961 said:

I tried to look it up for you with no luck.  But in doing so I stumbled upon a 1958 western with some really outstanding reviews. This is probably more applicable to the western thread, but here goes anyhow. "Gunman's Walk" with Van Heflin and Tab Hunter. 

I never heard of it, so maybe it fits on this thread too. 

I watched the trailer for "Gunmen's Walk" and looks like a good movie.  Thanks for checking!