• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• Lars

• Don Steese

• Tony Moore

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone who owns, admins and moderates a "traditional" Discussion Forum I cringe whenever Facebook is mentioned here....   Traditional Discussion Forums or "Bulletin Boards" like UJ were

Hey, great idea.  I did the same thing, only on UJ.  I'm actually Chuck Norris (so don't anybody piss me off).

To further elaborate on my opinion of social media, I would hate to be growing up in today’s environment.  I was heavy as a teen, not until after college did I lose 75 pounds and start participating i

Posted Images

A few years ago, one of my best friends told me he had finally signed up with Facebook. "You're dead to me" was my reply. 

No, I'll never create an account on any of those types of social media sites. 

I never have, but I'm thinking about starting up.  When cell phones became widely available and "regular" people started getting them, I would always swear that I would never get one.  I survived for this long without one, and I'm not going to die of I don't have one.  Fast forward 18 years and a cell phone is an indispensable part of my everyday life.  Not having one is simply not an option for me anymore.  I wonder if that's how social media sites/apps will be in another few years. . . .

Yes, I have Facebook. Had to have a personal acct. to launch a business acct. I like it but am not consumed by it. Our business acct. is effective and active.

UJ is the extent of my active social media participation. I was somewhat forced into Linkedin due to my job, but find it annoying and kept my professional profile to the bare minimum. No Facebook for me...too much nonsense and drama.

Roger  

I'm on Facebook.... it's extremely entertaining.  

Its good for a few things

1) keeping up with family that doesn't live close

2) keeping up with my buddies from the service and their families. 

3) a lot of my local shops like to post sales and such on their page. 

4) the hunting groups are good. I learn a lot by reading others stories.

5) there is some plain funny Sh** on there. 

Facebook doesn't have to be crap and drama... people that post nonsense get deleted quickly. You can make it whatever you want. 

I have an active FB account that I haven't used in 7 months now.  Cold turkey.  It ran slow and somehow I was collecting to many acquaintances who I just didn't have anything in common with clogging up my News Feed.   Wore itself out I guess.

But then I realized I was missing all the "Page Feeds" of  "Groups" I've joined and sites I "Liked" with updates of my interest like outdoor photography and art,  60' music,  70's music, country music,  upland bird hunting, dogs,  regional travel,  fly fishing etc.

So I started a new account under a false name.  No one can friend me as this person doesn't really exist  :-)   and I can log on and enjoy all the art and music feeds without scrolling through all the drama, religious, political and mundane stuff. 

pa'tridge hunters
Just now, Lars said:

I have an active FB account that I haven't used in 7 months now.  Cold turkey.  It ran slow and somehow I was collecting to many acquaintances who I just didn't have anything in common with clogging up my News Feed.   Wore itself out I guess.

But then I realized I was missing all the "Page Feeds" of  "Groups" I've joined and sites I "Liked" with updates of my interest like outdoor photography and art,  60' music,  70's music, country music,  upland bird hunting, dogs,  regional travel,  fly fishing etc.

So I started a new account under a false name.  No one can friend me as this person doesn't really exist  :-)   and I can log on and enjoy all the art and music feeds without scrolling through all the drama, religious, political and mundane stuff. 

You're a singular individual Lars. That's why we like you.

22 minutes ago, Lars said:

So I started a new account under a false name.

Hey, great idea.  I did the same thing, only on UJ.  I'm actually Chuck Norris (so don't anybody piss me off).