Social Media?

Not now. At one time I gave it a whirl simply wound up needing it to continue blogging on a few major newspapers. First the "social contacts" aspect rubbed me the wrong way.

In short order you wing up with a lot of total strangers wanting to "Friend you" I can see the draw for young kids, perhaps a youngster away at collage and far from home and long time friends but That just isn't me. Facebook got axed newspaper pre-requisite or not. There is also the privacy issues. Besides there's UJ right?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• topdog1961

• Lars

• Don Steese

• Tony Moore

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone who owns, admins and moderates a "traditional" Discussion Forum I cringe whenever Facebook is mentioned here....   Traditional Discussion Forums or "Bulletin Boards" like UJ were

Hey, great idea.  I did the same thing, only on UJ.  I'm actually Chuck Norris (so don't anybody piss me off).

To further elaborate on my opinion of social media, I would hate to be growing up in today’s environment.  I was heavy as a teen, not until after college did I lose 75 pounds and start participating i

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

I am on FB. Post much of the same bird hunting stuff there that I post here. FB helps me to stay connected with my family and friends as well. It is self regulated and needs no outside regulation. 

I am staying at my daughter's and here are a couple of my grandsons pics I posted on FB yesterday. I normally don't post pics like these on UJ. 

20180215_152732.jpg

20180215_143843.jpg

Fine looking Kennel Staff you have there!

4 hours ago, Lars said:

I'm afraid I might find Nazi's. 

Not at all, but you might find a whole slew of Acadian herring chokers, Black Irish bush-whackers, Scottish squaw jumpers and maybe even the odd half breed lobster poacher, all owe their souls to the W.S. Loggie Company Store.

4 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Not at all, but you might find a whole slew of Acadian herring chokers, Black Irish bush-whackers, Scottish squaw jumpers and maybe even the odd half breed lobster poacher, all owe their souls to the W.S. Loggie Company Store.

HA! Ben there is probably a lot of truth to this on my sweetheart Mom's family upbringing in the Maritime's but my father's clan is all Austria and I've seen some pictures that would make you swallow hard.  O.o

On 2/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, Kurt said:

Do any of you use any other "social media" such as Facebook etc? I am just curious. I don't, to be upfront. 

I use Instagram , that’s it, quit Facebook and Twitter . Instagram is fantastic with tons and tons of upland pictures , and easier to use than the other two. I do believe this is the social media of the future. It’s taking Facebook market share like crazy