LCS Remote Backing dog

Thinking about making this purchase. Hunted my two dogs solo for the most part this year and need to work on backing drills. Was the unit reliable and worth the expense. Thanks in advance. 

Brookieslayer

I have one. It works well and as advertised. Probably one of the best remote backers on the market.

I will readily admit to being a gadget junkie, that seems a little stiff to me. Especially for something that you don’t use all the time. Would it be possible to go in partners with a few others? I have seen where guys have made their own from plywood and used the “come around the corner “ scenario. I am sure others with more experience will have some input. Good luck, Dave 

I have a nice plywood dog and used it with some success. Like you I enjoy the gadgets. I live in Virginia, which equals not a lot of training partners. Just thought it would be easier to work drills with by myself. If anyone has a used model that they find useless :)  I might be willing to purchase.

2 hours ago, bryson72 said:

Thinking about making this purchase. Hunted my two dogs solo for the most part this year and need to work on backing drills. Was the unit reliable and worth the expense. Thanks in advance. 

Where are you located?  I have an old DT Systems in perfect shape you can have for free.  It works great I am just not sure if I still have the remote.  I think they can be had at the collar clinic.

Correction.  It's an Innotek.  Does anyone know if the remote units can still be had for the Innotek remote backing dog?  I can't find the remote.  I did a search on Collar Clinic's website but it came back blank.

Brookieslayer

I think LCS has a universal remote that one might be able to adapt to the Innotek... some of their old stuff was Innotek. give them a call!

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to follow up and touch base with everyone on this post. Special thanks to Scott Berg! Who was nice enough to ship the backing dog!  I attempted to load a vid of my dogs and their progress with the equipment given to me, but it wouldn't except because the file was to large or something like that. The backing dog worked like a charm and both dogs are backing each other now on points. Thanks again. With the world we live in these days its nice to know good people like Scott still exist. Thanks for all the help. 

9 hours ago, bryson72 said:

I attempted to load a vid of my dogs and their progress with the equipment given to me, but it wouldn't except because the file was to large or something like that. The backing dog worked like a charm and both dogs are backing each other now on points. 

Upload to a host site like YouTube or Vimeo. They are free and then you can post your videos

https://youtu.be/YTqzZGJNijU        Thanks for the loading tips! Like I stated earlier this vid is with the backing dog. Of course now I have both dogs backing each other on point. Without the backing dog. I also decided to stay with steady to shot for the younger pup that's in front. The rear dog " was steady to wing". I don't plan to FT and this is good enough for me.  The rear dog in this vid that had to be brought  back is very competitive. Thankfully to date this was the last time he had to be corrected. Thanks again Scott!!

Not seeing it.

Be sure you have the video set on Public and then click on the SHARE under your video on the YouTube page and a box with a link will pop up. Copy and paste that link.