REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Clueless1
9 minutes ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Man it's going to be weird seeing Lord Stanleys cup our next trip to Vegas. GO KNIGHTS!!!

You think the Mario and Sid will let Fleury 'borrow' it for a bit?

HAMMER DOG
15 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

You think the Mario and Sid will let Fleury 'borrow' it for a bit?

Yep I do! :D

jeff88
3 hours ago, HAMMER DOG said:

Yep I do! :D

It would be fantastic to see a Cup final between two opposite cities, PGH and LV for 3 reasons:

1. Fleury versus his best buddies, that would be a great story!

2. LV makes the Cup final in its 1st year - another great storyline!

3. Means the Pens are in it - a fantastic story!!!!!

GO PENS!!

Big Al
5 hours ago, jeff88 said:

It would be fantastic to see a Cup final between two opposite cities, PGH and LV for 3 reasons:

1. Fleury versus his best buddies, that would be a great story!

2. LV makes the Cup final in its 1st year - another great storyline!

3. Means the Pens are in it - a fantastic story!!!!!

GO PENS!!

I think the Lightning will have something to say about this.

GO BOLTS!!!

Ben Hong

For the western based teams, the road to the Cup goes through Winnipeg. This team is big, fast and plays a heavy style of hockey...the ideal template for teams in years to come.

jeff88
9 hours ago, Big Al said:

I think the Lightning will have something to say about this.

GO BOLTS!!!

So will the Caps and likely the Broons.  PGH, here we go again, starting in DC...

GO PENS!!

jeff88
9 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

For the western based teams, the road to the Cup goes through Winnipeg. This team is big, fast and plays a heavy style of hockey...the ideal template for teams in years to come.

Listening to NHL radio, the guys were talking up the Jets too.  Looks like a great series, am personally rooting for the Jets as the underdogs.  2nd round already has two outstanding series with DC/PGH and this one:

https://www.ontheforecheck.com/2018/4/23/17269482/predators-vs-jets-series-preview-matchup-overview

GO PENS!!

Ben Hong

I took a few moments to examine the Caps/Pens series. I think that the teams are a wash in the scoring dept. In Holtby, the Caps have a slight edge in goal...very slight! The Pens were never really challenged so far whereas the Caps came all the way back from a 2 game deficit...character forged by adversity, always a good feeling. The series will be a good one, and I believe that the Caps will prevail in what will be a long series, surely they can't be losing 3 years in a row to the same team, can they????

jeff88

surely they can't be losing 3 years in a row to the same team, can they????

Check out the Steelers versus the Pats for prolonged misery.

GO PENS!!

Tom Avent

I took a few moments to examine the Caps/Pens series. I think that the teams are a wash in the scoring dept. In Holtby, the Caps have a slight edge in goal...very slight! The Pens were never really challenged so far whereas the Caps came all the way back from a 2 game deficit...character forged by adversity, always a good feeling. The series will be a good one, and I believe that the Caps will prevail in what will be a long series, surely they can't be losing 3 years in a row to the same team, can they????

On 4/14/2018 at 12:24 AM, Ben Hong said:

Oh NOOOOOOOO! Ben, I agree, but we are talking about the Caps and Pens. Pens have won 9 of 10 series all time. Please dont jinx us. :o

Canuck
On 4/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, Ben Hong said:

Leafs  VS Broons.....................Rask will have to be MVP of the series if Boston escapes. Tor in 7

Pretty impressive picking so far Mr. Hong. I sure hope you get this final, first round call right as well!

My brother built a pyramid after game two of the Bruins/Leaf series . It s working so far. Rest in Peace Red.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/magazine-pyramid-power/

Edited by Canuck
Red might not be dead

jeff88

Malkin and Hagelin ruled out for Game 1 in DC.  Not good news for Pens fans.

GO PENS!!

Ben Hong
12 hours ago, Canuck said:

Pretty impressive picking so far Mr. Hong. I sure hope you get this final, first round call right as well!

My brother built a pyramid after game two of the Bruins/Leaf series . It s working so far. Rest in Peace Red.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/magazine-pyramid-power/

Not impressive with the call on the Bruins vs Leafs. Bos was ready to be taken but, sigh, the Leafs screwed the pooch again. Both tenders were dogshit, and the vaunted Leaf rookies were largely AWOL. 

terrym
17 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

Not impressive with the call on the Bruins vs Leafs. Bos was ready to be taken but, sigh, the Leafs screwed the pooch again. Both tenders were dogshit, and the vaunted Leaf rookies were largely AWOL. 

Ain't that the truth....:(

Ben Hong

With only a cursory glance at the match-ups, here are my picks for the second round:

Tampa, Caps (I hate dominance of any kind!), Sharks, Jets.