REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Tom Avent

Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

jeff88

Pens keep losing players like this it won't be a long series.  Now a top 4 Pens dee-man is down with Dumo missing most of the game, am hopeful he is not out long.  No Geno is taking a toll on the power play too.  No one can carry it in with the Caps knowing they better take away Malkin, now they can just zero in on the skater with the puck.  The Pens also need to stop giving away odd-man rushes.  So far it's 8 - 0 over the past two games for 2 on 1 plays.  Caps launching missiles from 15' out unimpaired is getting old.

Also, Kessel is not controlling much puck time and Sheary could use just a teeny bit of puck luck, he's just about right there.  1-1 and back to the 'Burgh!  

GO PENS!!

Locher
16 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Come on guys. The little rat is out there licking other players. That has got to be the strangest thing ever. 

Not strange - it's disgusting.   I'm sorry - I love the game - that has no place in it.  If he's caught on doing it - I'd give him 10 games.  Is that really what the NHL wants the announcers talking about during the broadcast?  Players licking each other??? 

Big Al
2 hours ago, Locher said:

Not strange - it's disgusting.   I'm sorry - I love the game - that has no place in it.  If he's caught on doing it - I'd give him 10 games.  Is that really what the NHL wants the announcers talking about during the broadcast?  Players licking each other??? 

According to the NHL, hockey is for everyone.  How can they have pride nights in arenas throughout the league and have a problem with this?

Locher

reminds me of Sean Avery a few years back.  his antics didn't go over so well either.

Big Al
11 minutes ago, Locher said:

reminds me of Sean Avery a few years back.  his antics didn't go over so well either.

Ah yes.  Sean Avery a guy you could really hate. 

jeff88
4 hours ago, Locher said:

Besides, even if "no face-licking" is in the rules, the refs won't call it.  This is playoff hockey.  No rules, rules.  

GO PENS!!

Zoli 16ga.
47 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Besides, even if "no face-licking" is in the rules, the refs won't call it.  This is playoff hockey.  No rules, rules.  

GO PENS!!

Get well ahead in the game...then send a second stringer out on the ice to cross check him right in the mouth. That should work. 

Big Al

Lightning win.  All four series are 1-1.  Best of five now.  Second round gonna be fun.

Go Bolts!!!

gunsrus

Horrible start for the Bruins , out shot 10-0 in the beginning but almost came back . Shitty 4 minute penalty at a bad time . I'm content they took one down there . 

Tom Avent

Jeff, I have to give you props for not mentioning or complaining about the goal/no goal from game 2. I was planning on blasting some Pens fans over on FB for not being smart enough to understand the geometry involved. I will say that I saw Sid's interview and he was very good, Sullivan, not so much.

It is good to see the Caps finally getting some puck luck after all of these years. It still bothers me that the NHL has the play-off format set up this way. IMHO, these are clearly the 2 best teams in the east. The series will most likely go 7 games and be very close right up to the end. Unfortunately, someone will go home at the end.

Love this time of year

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!! 

jeff88
2 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Jeff, I have to give you props for not mentioning or complaining about the goal/no goal from game 2. I was planning on blasting some Pens fans over on FB for not being smart enough to understand the geometry involved. I will say that I saw Sid's interview and he was very good, Sullivan, not so much.

It is good to see the Caps finally getting some puck luck after all of these years. It still bothers me that the NHL has the play-off format set up this way. IMHO, these are clearly the 2 best teams in the east. The series will most likely go 7 games and be very close right up to the end. Unfortunately, someone will go home at the end.

Love this time of year

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!! 

Tom, I figure that the Pens didn't lose to the Caps on that play, or any other single play but the entire 1st period.  They did not deserve to win, plain and simple.  If they come out in game 3 like games 1 and 2, this will end very soon and you will be very happy.  Don't get me wrong, if the Pens would have found a way to tie game 2 with just a few minutes remaining in the 3rd, that would have been a kill shot to the Caps.  Between these two teams, there is a very thin margin between winning and losing.  

GO PENS!!

kgb

Seems the Pens are wanting to fall on the wrong side of that thin margin by knocking pucks off the iron.  They're not the only team to try this, of course.

Tom Avent

Hey, I have a general question. I give Bruins fans quite a bit of flak regarding Marchand. Now, I will fight anyone who lumps Tom Wilson in with Marchand, but I know I might have blinders on a bit regarding Wilson. I view him as a tough, hard nosed, big hockey player who plays hard. I've never viewed him as "dirty" or "cheap" like some other players. Am I wrong?

Big Al
10 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

Hey, I have a general question. I give Bruins fans quite a bit of flak regarding Marchand. Now, I will fight anyone who lumps Tom Wilson in with Marchand, but I know I might have blinders on a bit regarding Wilson. I view him as a tough, hard nosed, big hockey player who plays hard. I've never viewed him as "dirty" or "cheap" like some other players. Am I wrong?

In my opinion he is a player that plays heavy and crosses the line sometimes.  Semi-dirty but not Marchand dirty. 

jeff88
20 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

Tom, I would never lump Wilson in with Marchand.  Marchand is a one-of-a-kind.  He's a weird dude, not just the vicious little ball of hate he's known as.  I don't believe Wilson is a weirdo.  However, this statistic may be of interest to those who want to defend Wilson:  During the past 5 years he has the most penalty minutes of any player.  It's not even close, he leads this stat by an hour and a half.  Essentially, he has been in the box for 4 and half periods of hockey more than anyone else in the league.  :o

As for the Caps, we in the 'Burgh are starting to believe they are the "De-Caps" as in decapitations.  Wilson and Ovie on Sunday on Dumo.  Nisky and Ovie last year on Crosby.  Orpik on Matta the year before.  These were not "hockey plays" like the Neanderthals @ Toronto NHL Center are calling them.  They are head shots meant to be kill shots.  Concussion suits in the near future against the NHL will ruin the league, especially a league that won't even try to pretend they are doing something.  There goes the Stanley Cup, the greatest sports series on the planet. 

BTW, good to see TB even it up.  Not cheering for Marchand but am cheering for Kunitz.  Cheers to 5 OT games in this series with a forple OT in game 7.  That's right, FORPLE!  It's the new math. 

GO PENS!!