Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

4 hours ago, Grouse Gunner said:

Bullshit is what it is. 

Really? Bullshit? Every one here knows I like rough tough hockey and I love guys like Wilson, but dirty hits are not part of my enjoyment. This guy is a repeat offender and has been suspended before. Should have been booted forthe rest of the playoffs. You can;t fack around with giving a guy a concussion and a broken jaw.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

If the Canadians don't have a politeness rule about spitting or licking in the league, what's the NHL going to do?

Tom Avent
5 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Really? Bullshit? Every one here knows I like rough tough hockey and I love guys like Wilson, but dirty hits are not part of my enjoyment. This guy is a repeat offender and has been suspended before. Should have been booted forthe rest of the playoffs. You can;t fack around with giving a guy a concussion and a broken jaw.

Ben.......so by your logic the severity of the injury determines whether or not it is an act deemed worthy of a suspension? That logic is just plain flawed. The hit was violent, no doubt. It is debatable whether he left his feet. Wilson is a fast, large man. Simple laws of physics control(of course Pens fans will not understand this.....they can't understand simple geometry) the results of these collisions. Suspending Wilson is based solely on his reputation and the NHL bending to the Pens. Just like the NFL, the NHL needs to understand that the athletes of today are bigger, faster, stronger than their current rules are set up for. Change the rules, but don't suspend a player in the middle of a close series and risk having fingerprints on the outcome. That is BS.

Not impressed with the referees in all this. This should have been called on the ice, not after the fact. 

Zoli 16ga.
1 hour ago, Tom Avent said:

Ben.......so by your logic the severity of the injury determines whether or not it is an act deemed worthy of a suspension? That logic is just plain flawed. The hit was violent, no doubt. It is debatable whether he left his feet. Wilson is a fast, large man. Simple laws of physics control(of course Pens fans will not understand this.....they can't understand simple geometry) the results of these collisions. Suspending Wilson is based solely on his reputation and the NHL bending to the Pens. Just like the NFL, the NHL needs to understand that the athletes of today are bigger, faster, stronger than their current rules are set up for. Change the rules, but don't suspend a player in the middle of a close series and risk having fingerprints on the outcome. That is BS.

From the NHL.

"The NHL’s Department of Player Safety ruled Wilson made Aston-Reese’s head the initial point of contact during the collision, pointing out that Wilson did not have to pivot to his left side to hit Aston-Reese."

Your view of what happened seems to differ from the vast majority of those that studied the hit. It was a clear hit to the head. 

Zoli 16ga.

he clearly left his feet

20180503_093229

clearly not shoulder to shoulder

20180503_094233

pretty proud of himself too

2018-05-03_09-52-02

Steve Hunts

Good to see the Sharks are getting it going. This a great series. Two awesome teams going head-to-head.

Zoli 16ga.

Love to see Vegas go all the way. I think they could...if they played their best consistently. 

The old adage says “you made your bed, now lie in it.” Wilson just took his own valuable play out th Caps ‘ gameplan, jeopardizing the team ‘s chances to finally beat the Pens in a playooff series. False or not, logic does not seem to be a popular characteristic in refereeing in these cases.

Tom Avent
1 hour ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

he clearly left his feet

20180503_093229

20180503_094233

2018-05-03_09-52-02

That picture of him smiling has been debunked already. No different than the stupid rumor that Sid spit on someone. Of course, I have a different viewpoint because I'm a Caps fan and like Wilson, but that sure looks like his left toe is still on the ground at contact and it sure looks shoulder to shoulder to me. 

Once again, these guys are big and fast and if you have to break this down frame by frame then obviously something is wrong with the system.  The suspension happened because Sullivan basically called out the NHL.

Zoli 16ga.
33 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

2 hours ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

he clearly left his feet

20180503_093229

20180503_094233

2018-05-03_09-52-02

That picture of him smiling has been debunked already.

really....i screen shotted it from the replay after the hit. See for yourself. Unless NBC is in collusion with the NHL 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/capitals-wilson-knocks-penguins-aston-reese-game-3-high-hit/

Just say'n.

13 hours ago, Big Al said:

Lightning too deep for Bruins.  If the Bergeron line is stopped the Bruins have nothing more to give.  Lightning have won two out three with their first line not showing up.

Go Bolts!!!

Al if you go back to early in the Leaf's series with Da Broons, I said the same thing, only the Leafs did not play to their potential. But this is sports and this is the Cup playoffs...

Tom Avent

Ok......I am going to concede. I have spent too much time this morning going over numerous videos, opinions from analysts, and the NHL rules regarding player safety. Per the current NHL rules and guidelines, suspending Tom Wilson for 3 games for that hit is well within their standards and not from any outside pressure or pandering to the Pens organization. Yes, Ben, I am wrong about the logic. The NHL does use the severity of any resulting injury as a determining factor in the penalties levied.

However, I do feel the current NHL rules must change or someone is going to get killed. Like I said earlier, these players are too strong, fast, and large for the current rules. 

I will stand behind my statement about the screen shot of Wilson smiling. Unless you are a mind reader or were actually on the bench to know what was being said by all of the players, coaches, and fans behind the bench, you have NO idea why or what Wilson was smiling at.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:04 AM, Ben Hong said:

Boston has been exposed as a one line team.

Good call.