Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

5 hours ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

a stick to he teeth...or a spit in his face should solve it....seeing as the refs will not.

Road hockey justice I say.

It would be nice if that would happen.  It won't though.  These games are too important and the retaliatory action would get the penalty and not Marchand.  I don't know why his licking isn't being penalized.  Spitting gets a player two in the box.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

a stick to he teeth...or a spit in his face should solve it....seeing as the refs will not.

Road hockey justice I say.

HATER !

Dave in Maine

The thing about Marchand is, the league told the Bruins to have him knock it off and they conveyed the league's message.  Maybe it wore off after a week, but still.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-reportedly-ask-brad-marchand-stop-licking-people-202731440.html

Between the licking and the chop blocks all he accomplished was to piss off Tampa Bay and that led to a loss.

I mean, Sean Avery was an a**h*** run out of every team he played on, but Marchand goes beyond.  Next thing you know there'll be a Marchand Rule ("No Licking") to go with the Avery Rule and Brodeur's Trapezoid.  You know you really influenced the game when they change the rules because of something you did, but this time it's not in a good way. 

All my years on this planet tell me that somewhere, lurking under all the bizarre behavior and the anger in that "Little Ball of Hate" is a big screaming mess of gay just pushing its way out, looking for a weak spot and waiting to explode on the world.  Gonna be fun to watch, fer sher.

To compare this piece of Sh**’s proclivities to those of any gay person is a massive insult to gay people everywhere. Totally not fair, as my gay relatives and friends do not behave like this.

Dave in Maine
31 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

To compare this piece of Sh**’s proclivities to those of any gay person is a massive insult to gay people everywhere. Totally not fair, as my gay relatives and friends do not behave like this.

I meant no insult to anyone, gay or not.  (Except Marchand, who's earned insults and more.) The point I was trying, inelegantly, to make was that Mr. Marchand is operating under some serious repression of something within him, which manifests itself in his raging anger, disrespect for the game, and a very strange need to lick opposing players who offend him.  In my lifetime, the only thing I've seen which can generate that kind of repressed anger, emotion, whatever manifesting itself so flagrantly is someone who's gay but can't admit it, neither to himself nor in his environment.  Pro sports being what it is, He'll be out of a job if it's so and it comes out.  Better for him to be a nutcase.

Or he could be nursing a brain tumor like the late Negro Leagues slugger Josh Gibson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gibson who had a reputation for erratic behavior as well as being a superior player, before dying at 35..

Zoli 16ga.
3 hours ago, Dave in Maine said:

I meant no insult to anyone, gay or not.  (Except Marchand, who's earned insults and more.) The point I was trying, inelegantly, to make was that Mr. Marchand is operating under some serious repression of something within him, which manifests itself in his raging anger, disrespect for the game, and a very strange need to lick opposing players who offend him.  In my lifetime, the only thing I've seen which can generate that kind of repressed anger, emotion, whatever manifesting itself so flagrantly is someone who's gay but can't admit it, neither to himself nor in his environment.  Pro sports being what it is, He'll be out of a job if it's so and it comes out.  Better for him to be a nutcase.

Or he could be nursing a brain tumor like the late Negro Leagues slugger Josh Gibson https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Gibson who had a reputation for erratic behavior as well as being a superior player, before dying at 35..

wow...you put a lot of thought into this...perhaps thow protests to much....lol

Anything you want to tell us Dave?

Nashville, Pitts, S J, Bos. all facing their own potential demise.

The way that Winnipeg destroyed the best team in the regular season, the Preds, is shocking to say the least.

Tom Avent
5 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Nashville, Pitts, S J, Bos. all facing their own potential demise.

The way that Winnipeg destroyed the best team in the regular season, the Preds, is shocking to say the least.

Yep, every game and series is new in these play-offs. However, it sure does look like the Cup may go thru the "white-out" in Winnipeg

Marchand bears a resemblance to my neighbor's dog and he licks people in the face.  I wonder if he eats poop.

4 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Yep, every game and series is new in these play-offs. However, it sure does look like the Cup may go thru the "white-out" in Winnipeg

Good fans up there.  Stamkos scored 60 goals In the 2011/12 season.  The sixtieth was the last game of the season and the Lightning were playing in Winnipeg.  When he scored it the crowd cheered and gave him a standing ovation.  Very classy.

There will be no cheers for Stamkos this year while the Lightning beat them for the Cup.

Nice job Bolts , Bruins didn't belong in the building .

Looks like Tampa will be movin’ on . I think I would enjoy  a Jets/Bolts series

Congrats to the Bolts.  Their fourth trip to the Eastern conference finals since 2011.

Next round will be a barn burner.  Bring on the Caps/Pens.