• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Big Al said:

I hope Jeff is ok.

I'm not, but thanks for asking.  :S

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Dave in Maine said:

When looking at the two Eastern teams, it is true to say that Tampa took a licking and kept on ticking.  Washington, on the other hand, gets a headhunter back (at least until he launches himself again).

I do believe the Pens need the second coming of Dave the Hammer Schultz.  It would serve that POS Davis right.

Or maybe put Davis and Marchand in a steel cage match where they each have to use the skills that got them in trouble, and only those skills.  See who wins. 

Happiness though is that Sid and the rest of the Pens will be fishing or playing golf for the rest of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Go Knights, Jets or Preds.

Edited by fishvik
Left out words.

Jeff take solace from the fact that the Pens will now get a rest from their 3 year push. I would predict that they are going to be hell to deal with next year.

1 hour ago, Steve Hunts said:

Looking forward to Winnipeg/Vegas series.

This is a hard one to call as both goalies are HOT, ample scoring potential on both teams, Vegas might have the edge in experience, the Jets have youth, both teams are good road teams...in fact it's almost a wash. But for patriotic reasons, I will lean a degree or two towards Winnipeg, providing Laine comes out of his coma. Perhaps 4-2.

As for Caps and Bolts - Bolts will prevail in 5. Balance is the key ingredient here, I love the makeup of this team.

7 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

This is a hard one to call as both goalies are HOT, ample scoring potential on both teams, Vegas might have the edge in experience, the Jets have youth, both teams are good road teams...in fact it's almost a wash. But for patriotic reasons, I will lean a degree or two towards Winnipeg, providing Laine comes out of his coma. Perhaps 4-2.

As for Caps and Bolts - Bolts will prevail in 5. Balance is the key ingredient here, I love the makeup of this team.

Sorry Ben, my heart still tells me that this is the year for the Caps. this group is different, battle tested and determined. Of course, this may just be a new way for my yearly "heart rip out of my chest" experience.

I do agree with you on Winnipeg. They look very good. 

Dave in Maine

Canada has to be happy, just to have a Canadian team in it this late.

On 5/10/2018 at 6:36 AM, Tom Avent said:

Jeff take solace from the fact that the Pens will now get a rest from their 3 year push. I would predict that they are going to be hell to deal with next year.

Yeah, they seemed beaten like rented mules in round 2.  Playing 307 games in last 3 seasons didn't help with injuries and fitness.  No excuses though, they were beaten by the better team.  These past 3 series were very close, just check out the scoring in games, either team was right there.  Caps remind me a lot of the '16 Pens, tons of rookies playing, no high expectations going into the playoffs and an outstanding effort between the pipes.  If Holtby stays on this tear, they will be tough to beat.

Interesting, all three teams in the finals from the last two cup runs are already gone lending credence to the fact this is the toughest trophy in pro sports.  Especially in the salary cap era.  Not unhappy that "no Subban" is now a thing.   

And hope you are right about next year - we want it back!!!!!  B|

Now Tom, don't start believing I'm going soft on you and the Caps as now I'm rooting for a finals with a mini-Pens reunion - Kunitz versus Fleury.  Those two are among my all time favorite Pens and I'd love to see that happen.  It would also be cool to see the Cup go to Canada since after all, they did invent the whole dang thing.   But go TB & LV!

Lastly Mr. Avent, very cool of you about your Pens comments.  One reason I stayed a bit away from the discussion was trying to avoid going ape$#!+ in here; that's how I implemented self-control.  But I was also a bit worried about you had the Caps not prevailed, it would have been unimaginable to re-suffer that fate again for any/all Caps fans.  While I badly wanted a Pens win, yikes!  Maybe this is your year...

7 hours ago, Dave in Maine said:

Canada has to be happy, just to have a Canadian team in it this late.

We are just a happy bunch anytime!

Ugh! 4 - 1 Caps late in the third. The Bolts had too much rest and beach. Not even competitive. Better wake up!

Steve Hunts

Caps are hungry and hitting their stride. Bolts were standing around on the blue line, no momentum going forward. Next game will be different.

Zoli 16ga.

so if it comes to the caps and the knights for the cup....my son and i will need a place to stay in DC.

No champagne popping in my household yet. This is exactly the way TB started the last series, but the Caps are not the Bruins. Also, the noise coming from the Caps locker room is very positive. They seem to realize the amount of work still left to be done and are at least saying the right things.

Anyone have any comments or opinions about the "dress" code in the TB arena. In their VIP section(Lexus Lounge) spectators are only allowed to wear TB or neutral colors. Any other colors are confiscated upon entry. I have one word(or is it 2).....CHICKENSHIT. Chalk it up to one more thing the NHL is screwing up.

47 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

Anyone have any comments or opinions about the "dress" code in the TB arena. In their VIP section(Lexus Lounge) spectators are only allowed to wear TB or neutral colors. Any other colors are confiscated upon entry. I have one word(or is it 2).....CHICKENSHIT. Chalk it up to one more thing the NHL is screwing up.

To but this in the proper perspective we are only talking about 1,623 seats out of a total of 19,092 or 8.5%.  Most of them are in the Chase Club area which is a very expensive venue.  The others are rows A and B at the glass.  This is called the Lexus Lounge but are just rink side seats.  Anyplace else in the arena any teams colors can be worn.

Now why would Lightning ownership do this?  It's a business decision.  Corporate and high end season ticket holders told management this is what they wanted and ownership complied.  The thing that you non Florida fans don't realize is that a high percentage of Tampa's population has moved here from someplace else and have brought their team allegiances with them.  They buy season or single game tickets and are Bolt fans until their favorite northern team shows up .  For those games they put on the colors of that team.  So you could be a Lightning fan for 79 games but for the three game they play the caps you switch sides.  Now these people want to go to a playoff game.  Ok root for the Caps have a good time, drink the expensive beer but stay out of the premium seats. No big deal.

I have never understood this idea of hanging onto the team from up north.  I'm from the Detroit area and was a Red Wing fan.  Went to my first game in 1954.  Grew up watching Mr. Hockey play.  I moved to Tampa area in 1981.  Became a Lightning fan when they won the cup in 2004 and the Red Wings are now a divisional rival that needs to be beat.