Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

Jeff, I was asking YOU to give the Caps love based on your statement go LV and TB. BTW, I view Kunitz just a step above Marchand(at least he's not licking players). I don't know the rule book all that well, but I'm fairly certain that grabbing another players helmet at the earhole and jerking them violently to the ice is NOT a hockey play(credit the refs for giving him a penalty....of course he wears TB colors not Pittsburgh anymore). You can say all you want to about Wilson, but his infractions are ALWAYS on questionable hits, not underhanded sneaky BS.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Al, Linda has just started to watch hockey with me a couple or three years ago. She was never a fan but she was a big fan of what got me excited...her story! She's always got her knitting with her as we watch the game and sometimes she even gets excited enough to drop a stitch!!

I quit taking Kitty to the games.  She would either be bored or be talking to someone through the whole game.  I figured the ticket could be used by someone that would better appreciate it.  She's happy I quit asking her.

Where the hell did Tampa go? This is not the team that just won two rounds of pretty good hockey. Ah well, props to the Caps as they and the Jets will put on a show for the ages!  (Only 5 steps ahead of myself here, hehehee).

Bolts definitely not the same team that beat on my Bruins . Someone needs to lick their face !

2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Bolts definitely not the same team that beat on my Bruins . Someone needs to lick their face !

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

44 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

Yeah it's just not the Bolts playing bad it's what the Caps are doing good.  Cooper has no answer for the semi-trap that Washington is playing.  It also sucks that Vasy is playing like crap.

3 hours ago, gunsrus said:

HA! I already e-mailed Brad, the lick-spittle  who is back home in Nova Scotia licking his wounds after the severe licking that the Broons suffered. He said that he will head down to Tampa lickety-split to lick the Bolts into shape as soon as the effects of Nova Scotia likker wear off.

20 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Jeff, I was asking YOU to give the Caps love based on your statement go LV and TB. BTW, I view Kunitz just a step above Marchand(at least he's not licking players). I don't know the rule book all that well, but I'm fairly certain that grabbing another players helmet at the earhole and jerking them violently to the ice is NOT a hockey play(credit the refs for giving him a penalty....of course he wears TB colors not Pittsburgh anymore). You can say all you want to about Wilson, but his infractions are ALWAYS on questionable hits, not underhanded sneaky BS.

Tom you are missing a trend here, the teams I'm rooting for are dropping like flies!  Do you really want me to root for the Caps?  But you're dead-on correct about the homicidal Wilson, he makes no bones about attempted murder.  But please, Kunitz and Marchand in the same sentence?  And yinz want my support?  

Back to hockey, Caps are killing TB right now.  Sorry Al but there is nothing else to it, Bolts are getting whacked.  Now I'm rooting for TB to not go down in 4. 

Back to Tom, relish the hate you are about to receive - we Pens fans learned to appreciate the scorn and jealousy heaped upon us for the past three years.  If you are fortunate, it's your turn now.  Be glad if/when it happens.  Everyone on your team will become the worst person ever and Ovie, think how much more he is hated than Sid now, what if he gets his name on the Cup?  It'll make what 87 gets look like romper room.  "Ovie the barbarian!"  Ovie the kitten eater!"  Ovie the headhunter!"  Wait, sorry, that's Wison.

BTW, has any other team twosome caught Sid & Jake yet for total points?  

19 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I am a Bruins fan that hates "HATERS" !xD

I am a Bruins hater who hates Pens haters!  

Al, that was not fair.  ^

But you did open it up for my comeback so I had to use it.  Not cool, I know.  o.O

So TB D-man Hedman gets hit in the face with a puck and an errant high stick, I mean not even close, is called on Washington , PP goal by TB makes it 2-1.  Big goal at that point in the game. You'd think Hedman could have talked to the refs to negate the call in the first place but oh no.  I guess "win at all costs" really is the mantra.  I'm sure the Cooper would have had a sh*t fit had Hedman said anything but still . . . bugs me.

Carry on  . . .

4 hours ago, Dogwood said:

So TB D-man Hedman gets hit in the face with a puck and an errant high stick, I mean not even close, is called on Washington , PP goal by TB makes it 2-1.  Big goal at that point in the game. You'd think Hedman could have talked to the refs to negate the call in the first place but oh no.  I guess "win at all costs" really is the mantra.  I'm sure the Cooper would have had a sh*t fit had Hedman said anything but still . . . bugs me.

Carry on  . . .

Yep first time ever a player got the benefit of a bad call and not tell the refs to forego the penalty.

You know what's sad.  I really want Ovi to win a Cup.  I just didn't want him to win it this year.

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

You know what's sad.  I really want Ovi to win a Cup.  I just didn't want him to win it this year.

Me too.  But it would be grand for Stevie Y to win a cup as a GM!  AND Gerry "Spuddy" Gallant coaching Vegas for that matter.  He was grinding it out with the Wings and Stevie before they got really good; gone by the time they won a Cup in the 90's.  GREAT guy!!!. Never really picked a fight and backed down from no one.  Tough!