• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Fixed it for you.

Gee, thanks Al.  Now Tom will blame me.  B|

BTW, I was thinking of you and all TB fans last night during the final 3 minutes of the game, how could anyone have stayed seated?  That is what I miss with the Pens out of it, the amazing rush of watching your team in a one goal game with the clock seeming to move at a glacial pace if your guys are ahead.  Hope the Pens players are stewing on this too.

Cheers to 7 games for both semi-finals!

55 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Gee, thanks Al.  Now Tom will blame me.  B|

BTW, I was thinking of you and all TB fans last night during the final 3 minutes of the game, how could anyone have stayed seated?  That is what I miss with the Pens out of it, the amazing rush of watching your team in a one goal game with the clock seeming to move at a glacial pace if your guys are ahead.  Hope the Pens players are stewing on this too.

Cheers to 7 games for both semi-finals!

Definitely a nail biter.  Lightning missing the playoffs last year sucked.  Winning beats losing big time.

I am intentionally being quiet over here. I think I jinxed the Caps last night and now I must figure out what penance the hockey gods require. I texted a buddy of mine who used to live here in the DC area, but moved back to Toronto a couple of years ago. I told him we needed to meet in Vegas for a Cup game since we are both Caps fans.............WHAT WAS I THINKING!

I have been flogging myself in the muddy backyard, rubbing dogsh*t in my hair all day. Damn hockey gods!

12 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

I am intentionally being quiet over here. I think I jinxed the Caps last night and now I must figure out what penance the hockey gods require. I texted a buddy of mine who used to live here in the DC area, but moved back to Toronto a couple of years ago. I told him we needed to meet in Vegas for a Cup game since we are both Caps fans.............WHAT WAS I THINKING!

I have been flogging myself in the muddy backyard, rubbing dogsh*t in my hair all day. Damn hockey gods!

The Lightning thank you.

14 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Finally, the answer to what happened to the Caps.  

Knights are closing in to getting to the finals, I'm still in shock that this team was basically thrown together last year.  That they are this far is just crazy.  29 is having both the series and time of his life!  Wow, just wow.  

The Tom jinx lives on.  Lightning fourth line scores two on the Caps first line.  I was questioning Cooper using the fourth line so much.  They truly are a shut down line.  No chance of scoring and then boom game five.

Go Bolts!!!! 

How can a "true contender" like the Caps start the first 2 periods like they were still warming up? I am flabbergasted that Trotz did not have them awake and ready. I was slightly pulling for Ovi and the Caps earlier, now, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

How can a "true contender" like the Caps start the first 2 periods like they were still warming up? I am flabbergasted that Trotz did not have them awake and ready. I was slightly pulling for Ovi and the Caps earlier, now, not so much.

I have always been amazed when a team, any team, is not going 100% in a playoff game.  I know that's easy for me to say but what the heck are they doing out there?  Why go through the grind of 82 games if you're not going all out in the playoffs?

This is new territory for many of those Caps players, they're used to golf by now!  9_9

Ryan Callahan exemplifies a guy that leaves it on the ice.  Here's his take on bringing it.

Callahan on how he continually raises his game with how hard he plays: “It’s not hard. Twenty three other guys in the room will do that same thing. This is the time of the year you play for.” #TBLvsWSH

27 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Ryan Callahan exemplifies a guy that leaves it on the ice.  Here's his take on bringing it.

Callahan on how he continually raises his game with how hard he plays: “It’s not hard. Twenty three other guys in the room will do that same thing. This is the time of the year you play for.”

I like that.  His take on it is that 23 other guys in the room also leave it on the ice.  I would think they're not going to play the following year if they don't.