Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

19 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

A smiling Fleury sends the Caps to yet another crushing defeat?  Starting to think it's Fleury and not Sid and the boys that defines the Caps meltdowns :D

(Sorry Tom, but I am a big Fleury fan.)

This finals is definitely going to be a low scoring, goalie battle. I predict that the total goals for both teams in any game will be less than 3.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

Where the heck is Tom?  I help his team by rooting against them which continues my losing streak then nothing!  Not a single thank-you.   Tom, this is YOUR thread, you are our host so show up.  (Tom's still hungover from severe game 7 aftershocks, it's a not a place a Cap fan has been in a few decades.)  Well, we'll try to soldier on w/o our fearless leader.  B|

(Emoticon above ^ is for fellow Pens fan KGB.) 

Thinking about the finals, if I was forced to bet, I'd take any of the four Eastern teams from round 2 versus LV straight up even though LV is favored right now.  Just can't see how any team in the west is as good as those four Beasts from the East.  The Caps were rolling four strong lines this post season, we saw what happened the past two years with PGH rolling the same - does LV have 4?  Believe they have 2 with a lights out goalie.  One thing they do have in LV is an unwavering belief that they are a team of destiny.  They have no doubters on that team nor are they playing as though they are afraid to lose.  If DC comes in just happy to have made it, LV wins.  If the Caps get behind and start chicken choking their sticks, LV wins.  I don't see that happening though, I see the Caps playing fast and hard and taking this series in six.  However I will root for MAF, one of my all-time favorite PGH pro-athletes.  Also, like it or not, LV is already the American sports story of the year.

24 minutes ago, fishvik said:

This finals is definitely going to be a low scoring, goalie battle. I predict that the total goals for both teams in any game will be less than 3.

I've quit trying to predict things.  Every time I do I get  the opposite of what I think.  It started with a daughter :D

22 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

As a Pens fan I am not ready for the Caps to exorcise all demons in one year. 

The Caps eliminating Vegas is just an extension to the original demon because Fleury is as much a part of that demon as Sid was, maybe more.

19 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Where the heck is Tom?  I help his team by rooting against them which continues my losing streak then nothing!  Not a single thank-you.   Tom, this is YOUR thread, you are our host so show up.  (Tom's still hungover from severe game 7 aftershocks, it's a not a place a Cap fan has been in a few decades.)  Well, we'll try to soldier on w/o our fearless leader.  B|

(Emoticon above ^ is for fellow Pens fan KGB.) 

Thinking about the finals, if I was forced to bet, I'd take any of the four Eastern teams from round 2 versus LV straight up even though LV is favored right now.  Just can't see how any team in the west is as good as those four Beasts from the East.  The Caps were rolling four strong lines this post season, we saw what happened the past two years with PGH rolling the same - does LV have 4?  Believe they have 2 with a lights out goalie.  One thing they do have in LV is an unwavering belief that they are a team of destiny.  They have no doubters on that team nor are they playing as though they are afraid to lose.  If DC comes in just happy to have made it, LV wins.  If the Caps get behind and start chicken choking their sticks, LV wins.  I don't see that happening though, I see the Caps playing fast and hard and taking this series in six.  However I will root for MAF, one of my all-time favorite PGH pro-athletes.  Also, like it or not, LV is already the American sports story of the year.

Sorry, I am out of town at a horse show with my daughter and have limited internet access and time. I am going to keep my opinions to myself because I have already angered the Hockey Gods once in this play-off run and almost gave myself a coronary. 

However, it was telling that as superstitious as Ovi can be, he did not hesitate a second to grab the Prince of Wales trophy. I still think, win or lose, this Caps team is just different than past Caps teams.......AND Ovi is different. I just not sure, at being this close, he will be denied(that is NOT a prediction so back-off O Hockey Gods)

As Doc says before most games, "We shall see".

1 hour ago, Tom Avent said:

Sorry, I am out of town at a horse show with my daughter and have limited internet access and time. I am going to keep my opinions to myself because I have already angered the Hockey Gods once in this play-off run and almost gave myself a coronary. 

However, it was telling that as superstitious as Ovi can be, he did not hesitate a second to grab the Prince of Wales trophy. I still think, win or lose, this Caps team is just different than past Caps teams.......AND Ovi is different. I just not sure, at being this close, he will be denied(that is NOT a prediction so back-off O Hockey Gods)

As Doc says before most games, "We shall see".

This team is different, which is why I don't want them exorcising all demons in one year.  Would make for a completely different landscape in 2018-19 and beyond knowing the Caps 'have what it takes' vs waiting for them to prove it every year. 

Having said that, for those of us not really invested here I am just hoping for overtime in Game 7.  There is no better spectacle in sports than an NHL Game 7 headed to OT.

Steve Hunts

I'm picking LV. You east coasters/cap fans need to check your water. :D

4 hours ago, Clueless1 said:

There is no better spectacle in sports than an NHL Game 7 headed to OT.

Preach it! And, I think there is nothing in sports that is as effective in causing cardiac crises.

7 hours ago, Steve Hunts said:

I'm picking LV. You east coasters/cap fans need to check your water. :D

Yeah???!!! We'll see about that.  Crap, now I might have to switch to the Caps.  I hate lose/lose!  

9 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

However, it was telling that as superstitious as Ovi can be, he did not hesitate a second to grab the Prince of Wales trophy. I still think, win or lose, this Caps team is just different than past Caps teams.......

Pens/Crosby grabbed it the past two years, the Caps may be thinking the same way.  After the Pens lost their 1st Cup series with 87, they snatched the trophy the second time and won in 7.  Since then, win/win.  Maybe a trend is emerging?

3 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Pens/Crosby grabbed it the past two years, the Caps may be thinking the same way.  After the Pens lost their 1st Cup series with 87, they snatched the trophy the second time and won in 7.  Since then, win/win.  Maybe a trend is emerging?

Funny how that worked out, they talk around here about Crosby being as superstitious as they come.  The reason he didn't grab it the first time around was because of superstition.  The reason he did grab it the second time was because the first time not touching it didn't work.  O.o   

Pretty sure he's grabbing it every time from now on.  (should  be about 5-6 more times at LEAST by my calculations :D)

I haven't decided who I'm pulling for in the finals.  Probably Capitals.  Those upstarts in LV need some humble pie.:)

On another note the Lightning prospect pool just keeps getting deeper.  Their eye for overlooked talent is amazing.  Here's another example of finding an undrafted player that has great potential.  Alex Barre-Boulet was named the Player of the Year by the Canadian Hockey League.  He was previously named the most valuable player by the QMJHL. The last  three winners have been Alex DeBrincat, Mitch Marner and Connor McDavid.  This is some pretty good company.

https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/5/26/17398926/tampa-bay-lightning-prospect-alex-barre-boulet-wins-chl-player-of-the-year-award-qmjhl

Steve Hunts

"I haven't decided who I'm pulling for in the finals.  Probably Capitals. "

Geez Al, you're a glutton for punishment!!!  :D

Steve Hunts

Pre-game BS. When will it end? Enough already!