Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

shoot-straight

So much for any low scoring predictions. Never seen Vegas play before. They sure are an active bunch. Gonna be a good series I think. Ovie needs to become a factor. I think He's only touched the puck three times so far...

go caps!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

Unbelievable game 1, this is gonna be a good series if they're all like tonight. Opening ceremonies were a little over the top. I was waiting for the skating Elvises. But then again it is Vegas.

Well........the NHL is, once again, showing that they are completely incompetent. Yes, they will look like they care when they suspend Wilson. Yes, he should get suspended for a total bonehead play. However, how do you let the balance of a game as important as game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals be decided on such an obvious cross check RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GOAL FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, fishvik said:

This finals is definitely going to be a low scoring, goalie battle. I predict that the total goals for both teams in any game will be less than 3.

There's still time for it to work out on an average basis.

;)

2 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Well........the NHL is, once again, showing that they are completely incompetent.  how do you let the balance of a game as important as game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals be decided on such an obvious cross check RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GOAL FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!

It's hard to imagine why the NHL continues to damage their brand with this poor  officiating.  This game was incredible.  It had all a fan could ask for.  Then a ref swallows his whistle and changes the game.  Was it incompetence or intentional?  How do we know?  Regardless of why it happened the NHL could fix it but they don't.  It's very frustrating.  A rule is a rule.  It's not the refs job to decide which ones to call and which ones to ignore.  Or is it? 

11 minutes ago, Big Al said:

It's hard to imagine why the NHL continues to damage their brand with this poor  officiating.  This game was incredible.  It had all a fan could ask for.  Then a ref swallows his whistle and changes the game.  Was it incompetence or intentional?  How do we know?  Regardless of why it happened the NHL could fix it but they don't.  It's very frustrating.  A rule is a rule.  It's not the refs job to decide which ones to call and which ones to ignore.  Or is it? 

It is frustrating.  I used to 'predict' penalties.  It gets absolutely amazing when there is a great game going on and coming down to the last 10 minutes.  Was almost guaranteed the team down by 1 with 7 minutes to go would get a power play.  (almost like they needed to get it in before the goalie was pulled)  You could have something egregious happen and not be called then a ticky tack thing on the leading team and wala!    Makes for an exciting few minutes but...

Best game in the world ruined by ridiculous non-calls.  Big Al's opening sentence ^ nails this.  It's almost as though the refs don't want to be caught in the act of officiating, like that was a crime.  Each game start to finish should be called the exact same way.  NFL officials have no qualms about calling back a sure TD based on some arcane rule interpretation in the waning minutes of a playoff game - ask any Steeler fan about that.  In the NHL, "don't look at me" is the mantra of every ref.  Muggings and plain assault run amok in far too many instances, whistles swallowed at attempted murder.  What  the NHL badly needs is a reffing consultant from a retired NFL ref or an MLB ump.  The attitude of just let 'em play invites far worse outcomes for players than calling it right. 

Make the dam* calls!   

Zoli 16ga.

unless ovi is ready to start helping the team out, I'll be glad he doesn't win the cup. love watching Vegas skills setting up plays. GO VEGAS! 

HAMMER DOG

LOL make the calls! I heard a Vegas player after last nights game, went home, had dinner, went to bed, got up, had breakfast and then got hit by Wilson his hits are so late. Plus that fall looked as flopped as a Soccer player or LeBron James best to be honest, Reaves barely touched him when you look at the footage.

Not a game for the ages, or even for the week. Exciting but a real dog’s breakfast in every aspect.

It was a pretty entertaining game given, what, 100 games or so into each team's season and they're worn down accordingly.  If you want a better playoff product shorten the regular season by 20 games and go back to the first and second round best of 5.  Ain't happening so be grateful for what you got.

Zoli 16ga.
5 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Not a game for the ages, or even for the week. Exciting but a real dog’s breakfast in every aspect.

except for the admitted excitement, and ten goals, and some amazing plays that led to the goals, multiple lead changes.....ya a dogs breakfest....i hope the next three games are are served up for breakfast as well....lol 

4 hours ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

except for the admitted excitement, and ten goals, and some amazing plays that led to the goals, multiple lead changes.....ya a dogs breakfest....i hope the next three games are are served up for breakfast as well....lol 

Yep, even though you might think I don’t have the right to an opinion I just saw on TSN tonight both coaches and all of the pundits shockingly agree with me, almost verbatim. Fancy that!

Zoli 16ga.

never said you can't have an opinion. yours was just vastly different then mine. I'm sure coaches will never say that everything went fine in a ten goal game....lol. 

let's see what the next game brings.

No, coaches would never say that a scrambly 10 goal game was a good one...neither did I.