Lord Stanley's Cup - New season time

33 minutes ago, Tom Avent said:

Yes, but Columbus is not Pittsburgh, either in the current team or the history. We shall see.

Another weird thing about these teams - home ice - is it an advantage?  PGH is 1-2 at home, 4-0 on the road so far.  O.o

GO PENS!!

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Big Al

• Ben Hong

• Tom Avent

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The alternative statement is that the Bruins were not the Caps. Of course, historically speaking, the Caps are not the Caps.

Seriously?  I want the Caps to beat the Pens more than anybody but that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension.   Go Bolts!!!

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness o

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

It looks like the Caps have figured out that if you want to score on Murray it's glove hand high...

...and barreling down ice on a breakaway.  Pens gave up at least 5 breakaways last night, that has to be fixed real soon if they want to keep going.  Dumo should have been all in versus Ovie on the 2nd goal, make 8 pass instead of letting him release a cannonball.  

GO PENS!!

Steve Hunts

Sharks trying hard to get the Knights out of their comfort zone, much more physical play. Good one so far...2nd period

3 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Uhh...Lightning Bolts fizzled when they should have sizzled. Ugh...Broons!

Ben , I'm not feeling the love . Ya gotta love the "rat" .

2 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

Rask better than Vasy

Bruins first line better than Lightning's.

Cooper will have to come up with a better plan to stop Bergeron, et al

3 hours ago, Ben Hong said:

What the hell was that call with 10 minutes to go in the third period and the Bruins were killing that penalty with ease , Coach pulls the goalie ??? Not a smart move at all .

4 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

What the hell was that call with 10 minutes to go in the third period and the Bruins were killing that penalty with ease , Coach pulls the goalie ??? Not a smart move at all .

Cooper does stupid things like that sometimes.  Drives the fan base nuts.  We call it "Cooper gonna Coop".

15 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Ben , I'm not feeling the love . Ya gotta love the "rat" .

Well I guess I was wrong.  Cooper seems to agree with you.  He likes him so much he even let Marchand score last night.  

To be honest, what I have seen of him and what goes on the ice is a competitive you know what, you’ve got to love that,” said Cooper. “Some of the greatest comments you can give a player is ‘God I hate that kid but I do wish he was on my team.’ Some guys get that.”

Cooper coached Marchand at the All-Star game and had a bit of an enlightenment with the little ball of hate.

“I was fortunate at the All-Star Game to meet him on and off the ice and I spent a little time with him,” the Lightning bench boss explained. “It was actually disappointing. I was hoping he was going to be an idiot. I was hoping I wasn’t going to like him.”

Cooper continued to gush about his new-found bromance with the Bruins left-winger.

“But he was unreal,” exclaimed Cooper of Marchand. “It’s amazing a guy that was that kind of nice and outgoing and friendly was the same guy that jumps on the ice. You’ve got to respect that about him.”

42 minutes ago, Ben Hong said:

That is some kind of reverse psycho speak by Cooper. Rats are NEVER likeable.

Ben , you sure got a laugh outta me on that one !

Come on guys. The little rat is out there licking other players. That has got to be the strangest thing ever. 

6 hours ago, Tom Avent said:

Come on guys. The little rat is out there licking other players. That has got to be the strangest thing ever. 

With due respect to Art, I did not mention that peculiar predilection of the Rat because I did not want to denigrate the Broons that deeply. I can understand the thuggery of a Lucic, the brutishness of a Chara but... I mean jeeeeze...I have no words!