REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

jeff88

As a kid my favorite AL team was the RSox, it had something to do with a '60's SI article on Yaz.  He and Willie Stagell, one of my favorite Pirates, both wore #8 which is what I wore most of my soccer career whenever I could get that number.  As a Bucco's fan, it was OK to have an AL favorite.  When I lived in Cleveland over a summer, I went to see the RSox play for the 1st time.  Anytime the RSox played the Yankees, I was always rooting for them.  Everyone who remembers the 1960 WS could never like the NYY.  

I also started liking the Celts because of the RSox, PGH doesn't have an NBA team so I adopted the Danny Ainge era crew.

Don't get too excited New England UJers, this does not hold true for the Pats or Bruins.  Not at all.

Brad Eden

One more game. One more game, and its the big show. Holy crow! Late game. Went to bed as Porcello was stinking it up in 3rd or 4th inning. Just watched the replay video....just outstanding. Benny Biceps saves the game! I won't get smug. It's not over til it's over. But a good sceanrio with the next games at home. Oops, game tonite in Houston.

atticus

Too late for me, I went to bed in the 4th. Watched the highlights this morning---wow!  Unfortunately,  Sale is not going to make his start due to food poisoning or some such.  That Houston lineup is relentless and thier 3rd baseman is putting on a clinic.  Sox outfield is the best I've seen since the Rice, Lynn, Evans outfield of the 70s and this one seems better. 

Brad Eden

I think the BS about the Astros planting a spy...to "spy" on the Red Sox embarrassed them. They tried to turn it around and act like the Red Sox were at fault. That backfired. Frankly I'm sick of their manager already too. I also can't stand Hollywood Verlander...

Too bad that fan interfered with Betts on that homerun stealing catch. That would have been on every highlight reel. Amazing athlete.

WMassGriff

Went to bed figuring that the Astros would take advantage of our shaky starter and was pleasantly surprised to open the news paper and see the win! JB Jr, I apologize for wanting you traded all these years! You are carrying this team on your back.

jeff88

Verlander could help with saving face tonight for the 'Stros, HOU has been out gunned in every aspect of the game with the exception of Verlander's start.

Have only gone to one WS game in my life, '79 Pirates/Orioles.  Bucs were down 3-1 in games then won 3 straight.  It can be done but it's as rare as the 6th seed in the NFL winning the SB; wait, Steelers did that.  

Brewers fading as well.  Looks like my $20 pool square is going, going, gone.  

atticus

I'm off tomorrow heading back to Vermont for a week,  so I stayed up and watched this one! Price was unbelievable and its on to the Series. I love watching the Sox at grouse camp! 

I don't know much about the Dodgers or Brewers--how worried should we be? 

Brad Eden

Wow!

Dave Erickson
6 hours ago, atticus said:

I don't know much about the Dodgers or Brewers--how worried should we be? 

Nothing to fear. 

Millriver

I'm just hoping that they can clinch a series at Fenway 😊 Hometown fans deserve to see them celebrate on their home turf!

Kemo Sabe

Congratulations Red Sox fans. 

Since my Oakland A’s got eliminated early, I’ve been pulling for Boston. I went to Fenway this year to see my A’s play the Sox, and fell in love with the place. My friend is in player personal there, and I’ve turned into a big fan of your team.

The World Series is where pitching is especially paramount, and I believe Boston has the better rotation than either Milwaukee or LA, and the team with the best pitchers is tough to beat over 7 games. And while it may take all seven games this year, Boston will come out the winner.

jeff88

Congratulations to RSox fans everywhere, what a beat down on Houston.  Boston doesn't just look like the team of destiny this year, they are THE team of destiny.    

Don't count out the Brewers yet, they are a solid team.  I hope they get there, not sure how much I like having no teams from "flyover" territory in the series.  Of course a Boston/LA series would be the network's choice for ratings.

Jack L

BoSox are my AL team.  Good job. Go get that WS