REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

WMassGriff

Barring any significant injuries this horse race will be decided in September. Sure hope the bottom of the Sox's order can be more productive! That's our weakness.

gunsrus

This weekend will be interesting , I like the pitching we throw at them . Yes , September will tell .

gunsrus

Well we finally jumped ahead of the "bombers" with their loss to Philly . Good timing heading into the weekend . Sox fans will be rabid .

That NY guy McFeeley is getting a little squeamish right about now . Big boy Bats are quiet . xD

gunsrus

Pussy Yankees scheduled a day off yesterday , cyborgs need rest . My Sox sweeping LA , look forward to the "Evil Empire".

gaberdeen
12 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Pussy Yankees scheduled a day off yesterday , cyborgs need rest . My Sox sweeping LA , look forward to the "Evil Empire".

go to sleep Al, it's late!

Fire Marshal Bill

We got an a$$ whipping Friday night and gave it back last night. What will today bring? Yeah gotta love summer and baseball. Until the Fall. 

Bullwinkle

A beautiful Sunday afternoon but no game until 8pm. 

gunsrus

Well we took one from the Bronx . That was expected . Price has to be the most overpaid , arrogant POS . I can't believe we own his contract for "how many years " ????

shoot-straight
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

Well we took one from the Bronx . That was expected . Price has to be the most overpaid , arrogant POS . I can't believe we own his contract for "how many years " ????

We would be happy to trade you Chris Davis for him-

signed

The orioles 

Fire Marshal Bill
5 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I agree. However how many runs does the other team have to score before Cora takes him out!!! The game could have been closer had he taken him out sooner. Having said that, you have to give it to Servino, he was really on last night.

Millriver

Last Thursday night I was able to take my 80 year old father (turned 80 on Fathers Day) and soon to be 80 (in October) mother to Fenway Park for the last game of the Angels/Sox series. They're both life long Sox fans with my father's first trip there in 1948. He got to see Ted Williams play.

They live in Virginia and were up for a visit. They will regularly travel to Baltimore to see them, but it's been years since they've been to Fenway. My mother's only time in Fenway she sat in obstructed view seats behind the Pesky Pole. I sprung for good seats along the first base side, lower level, since it was a combination gift for them both. I also gave them new shirts and paid to park right next to Fenway so they didn't have far to walk. My son accompanied us to the game.

Though the day started out rainy, it was a beautiful night. Sox won 4-2 to sweep the season series. My mom eerily predicted the 2 Sox homers that night as Rafael Devers and Jackie Bradley Jr. both stepped to the plate. She always wanted to sing Sweet Caroline at Fenway, and she got her wish in the 8th.

Great night to root for the home team!

IMG_2875.JPG

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2880.JPG

gunsrus

A great experience ! Glad they made the trip . 

Fire Marshal Bill

What a great gift to give your parents. And you took your son along to share in the memories, super. 

gunsrus

Wednesday heading into the All Star break and my darling Red Sox are up 3.5 games on McFeely's Bronx Bad Guys . Both teams winning tonight and I'm headed to the Cats . Bad Guys are once again looking to BUY another pennant fishing for Muchado . Last big buy (Arod) bit them in the arse . 

Evil Empire wii be defeated !😡

GregSC

I was born and raised in South Carolina. Been thee all my life and for some reason have always been a Red Sox fan. Vacationing with family in Maine and Boston. Went to first game in Fenway toinight. Had a blast.