REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

Fire Marshal Bill

9 straight wins!!! Let's hope they keep it up after the All-Star break. They have been known to stumble and fall in the second half of the season. But not this year. 

Brad Eden

Ive never been more engaged in the Red Sox as I have been this season. Such a vast array of talent. 

gunsrus
7 hours ago, GregSC said:

I was born and raised in South Carolina. Been thee all my life and for some reason have always been a Red Sox fan. Vacationing with family in Maine and Boston. Went to first game in Fenway toinight. Had a blast. 

Fenway Park and the Green Monstah is a sight to see !

GregSC

My wife went with me. She Isno baseball fan. Only game she has ever been to was to take out sons with her father to see braves adout 10 years ago. She said last night Fenway was much better. I asked why and she said this seems like what baseball should be. 

atticus

Listening to sports radio on the drive home yesterday they were discussing the Sox giving Sale a nice long break through the all star game and then pick up another reliever. I agree on both parts. 

Another intesting observation. Are the Sox and Yankees really this good or is it an indictment on how awful the rest of the AL is?

Brad Eden

I also think it's a good idea that Betts and JD decided not to participate in the Home Run Derby. It seems like that wears hitters down and is a curse.

Dave Erickson

I'd love to see the my Brewers meet the Red Sox in the end. Not that we could take 'em, but dreaming is free.

Brad Eden

Caught the end of the game yesterday. The X man is my favorite Red Sox player. A walk off grand slammer no less. Maybe he isn't batting 300 like some others but is the most overoooked great ball player on the team. 

gunsrus

Oh boo hoo , I'm exhausted but my Sox still win . Too bad about the NY Ladies losing to the Indians . 4.5 baby !

Maybe those boys should buy another player !!!

McFeely didn't show up to the Catskills ...........couldn't take the abuse  ?????   LOL

gunsrus

Oh boy Oh Boy Oh boy ........ Gotta love em . Yankees better buy some more players !

gunsrus

14 years later and I'll bet Varitek could still kick A Rod's arse !

Fire Marshal Bill

Al, in all the years I've been watching the Red Sox I have never seen them this hot. Every player is contributing in one way or another. Great team effort, what a pleasure to watch them play. 

Brad Eden

It's a bit surreal. Look at that Fenway, bursting at the seams with filled seats compared to crickets at other bigger and newer parks. Real glad the new pitcher In the rotation had a good day today, and man did he have offensive support. I'm real happy to see Swihart doing so well too. Finally getting hot at the plate, catching and even played  third base today making great plays....and he bats without gloves. Gotta love it.  What a year to be a New Englander. 

Dogwood

How many prospects has Dave Dombrowski traded away from the farm system? That’s been his mo for the win now mantra for years so look out.

gundogpa
13 hours ago, Dogwood said:

How many prospects has Dave Dombrowski traded away from the farm system? That’s been his mo for the win now mantra for years so look out.

The farm system is in the lower 25% of baseball. He traded Moncada and Kopech for Sale.......can't complain about that. Moncada still has a lot of potential but has had a mediocre year. Sale may be the best pitcher in baseball. He traded Margot (1.2 war this year) and others for Kimbrel.....who may be the best closer in the league.  Both of those trades will be good trades even if the prospects pan out....if they don't they are steals.

Then they had some minor leaguers make the big leagues......Benentendi, (already a star)  Devers (20 years old, learning on the job but with huge upside....could be a cornerstone player) Swihart of course is out of options but it still carrying enough potential to not be traded.  Vazquez is a recent graduate. They have some pitchers this year riding the shuttle who may be pieces moving forward Brasier, cuevas, poyner, Walden.  Tzu-wei  Lin looks like a useful piece as well,   

Whats left is two blue chip prospects.  Chavis and Groome........Chavis got suspended and Groome has not got it going yet. They looked to have a good draft and some of the younger prospect are having good years. 

The thing is you can't have it both ways, you can't horde your prospects and you can't trade them all away. Most prospects never make it. Holding on the them through the period when they are valuable (as trade material) and then losing all their value is also not a valid way to approach it. Attaching value to prospects is totally subjective......trading what you know for what you don't know, not an easy job.