Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

atticus

Sox Pitching didn’t line  up this weekend (I think they are giving Sale an ill timed rest). We’ll see what happens—which is what makes sports great—!!  

I still remember that 4 game weekend series at Fenway in September 1978. The Boston massacre. Sox up by several games and got swept. It went downhill from there. 

Brad Eden

What's  wrong with Moreland? Missed that. He gets outshined by JD, understandable. Steve Pearce is looking like a very smart trade.He is gutsy. My favorite player is the X man. Although Mookie makes that hard.

Fire Marshal Bill

They are all playing so good it's hard for me to pick a favorite. My wife and I are going to see Mamamia this evening otherwise I would be glued to NESN. Hopefully it's a good series and Sox come out on top. But with the Yanks you never know. Their a good team too. 

gunsrus

Holy Crap !   Probably the most enjoyable game as a Red Sox fan I've ever seen . All cylinders baby !!! Too much good to comment on .

And what made it more enjoyable , I was texting back and forth with two of my favorite Yankee Fans , Dennis and Gary .

gaberdeen
13 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Holy Crap !   Probably the most enjoyable game as a Red Sox fan I've ever seen . All cylinders baby !!! Too much good to comment on .

And what made it more enjoyable , I was texting back and forth with two of my favorite Yankee Fans , Dennis and Gary .

We curse you Al.

Millriver

Pearce is proving to be the best trade the Sox ever made! And even though he gave up 5 runs, Johnston had 11 strikeouts! And I don't care if JBJ is only hitting.240, that slide into home was unreal, like just about every catch he makes in center field. This team is as much fun to watch as the "Idiots" of 2004!

gundogpa

Pearce is on fire.....ride him while he's hot. if he keeps it up and we can platoon him and moreland that works great.  I missed the first couple innings and the Yankees were winning 4-0 when I turned it on.......that didn't last long. LOL  It was a fun game to watch but it's just one game. the Yankees are good, they have the second best record in all of baseball, they would be leading every other division. It's still going to be a shoot out the rest of the way, they are not going away. If the sox even win one of the next three they are in good shape.

gunsrus

Yup , a split would be great . A sweep and 9 1/2 !

DennisMcFeely
11 hours ago, gunsrus said:

That sort of malice goes against the spirit of UJ Al.  First warning, contributing member or not.

Mgmt.

Fire Marshal Bill
6 hours ago, DennisMcFeely said:

That sort of malice goes against the spirit of UJ Al.  First warning, contributing member or not.

Mgmt.

Dennis, that is funny. I took me awhile to stop laughing. 

gunsrus

All I can say is WOW !

Fire Marshal Bill
8 hours ago, gunsrus said:

All I can say is WOW !

Amen!!

Brad Eden

Man, almost a no hitter! 

Millriver

87 pitch complete game, that's unbelievable. Entertaining first inning last night, hope they get today's game in. 

If they keep playing like this, bird camp could be seriously impacted come October!

gundogpa
10 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Man, almost a no hitter! 

Boone says ......"we had some good at bats and hit the ball hard."  Um......I guess.

Still trying to not get to excited...........still have to beat them in the playoffs. There's also 8 games left in the regular season. Long way to go.

meanwhile more injuries.......now Kinsler with a hamstring. hopefully not too bad but they say Lin is also hurt in AAA.