REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Fire Marshal Bill

Red Sox

Brad Eden

Can't win them all. Percello, sure can fall apart. But...being able to watch the 2 best ball players in the game is awesome.

gunsrus

Yup , they lost , Cora's fault . I'm not blaming Porcello . some nights you got it , some not . That's the manager's job .

Mookie ran the table . 

Fire Marshal Bill

I've been in upper state NY, no Sox news but plenty of Yankee stuff. Saw where Mookie ran the table!!! What a season he is having. Let's hope he and the team keep it up thru October. 

Brad Eden

Way behind, then win it 19 to 12...there ain't no quit in these Red Sox this season. I think Pomeranz is better suited for bullpen duties. 

gunsrus

Agree , I can't believe the runs these guys produce . I am concerned with pitching , three nights in a row the starter has been hammered . 

Fire Marshal Bill
1 minute ago, gunsrus said:

I am concerned with pitching , three nights in a row the starter has been hammered . 

I agree. If the pitching goes south, we're in trouble. 

Brad Eden

I like this older Butler player they brought up to Catch. 31 years old, most time spent in minors. I like underdogs. 

gunsrus

I think I'm gonna buy a #28 J.D. Martinez T shirt . 5 years $110 million , hell of a deal . And he's a leader in the club house .

Never thought they could replace the best clutch hitter in Baseball , , Big Papi , David Ortiz , but he sure is making a run at it . 

Yankees who ??    9 1/2

Go Sox !

Brad Eden

JD is a machine. He has quite a regimented ritual when stepping into the batters box: Take deep breath with eyes closed, tug shirt on chest, tip batting helmet, step in, touch chest and point to sky in one motion. I've seen pitchers have to wait for this to unfold, although he does it reasonably fast. The pitchers could throw him off if they wanted to I think. So far it is certainly working.

gunsrus

SWEEP !!!

atticus

50 games over 500. Amazing 

DennisMcFeely

Those in the Red Sox Nation owe Al an enormous debt of gratitude.

It was he who included the Sox' good fortunes into the Faustian bargain he no doubt struck in order to realize the amazing success he has enjoyed in life. 

gundogpa
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, gunsrus said:

I think I'm gonna buy a #28 J.D. Martinez T shirt . 5 years $110 million , hell of a deal . And he's a leader in the club house .

Never thought they could replace the best clutch hitter in Baseball , , Big Papi , David Ortiz , but he sure is making a run at it . 

Yankees who ??    9 1/2

Go Sox !

Don't be too excited......JD has a player option after two years. Unless he gets hurt he surely will opt out after next season and try his hand on the market again. He'll command more money then.....if the sox want to keep him they'll have to pay up. (of course Mookie and Benny and xander will have paydays coming......and a decision on JBJ) Enjoy them while we have them, we can't keep them all.

Brad Eden

I agree with gundogvt I mean pa...the only fly in the eye, is that I believe that very good players, even great players, when on a role, are largely a product of the team they are on, the manager, and more importantly the players around them. Good hitting is contagious. Many a great player took the payday from another team and never lived up to expectations. I turned to JoAnn during a recent game after Mookie did something amazing and said that this reminds me of the Larry Bird days. These are truly special times to be a New England Red Sox fan. I'm soaking it in and not taking it for granted. It can end at any point, and the team could be completely changed next year.

Fire Marshal Bill

I agree Brad. Most teams (any sport) that have a successful season seldom have all the same players back the next year. Its part of the curse of having a successful season. We have to relish it while we can.