Red Sox

Fire Marshal Bill

2 hours ago, gundogpa said:

Don't be too excited......JD has a player option after two years. Unless he gets hurt he surely will opt out after next season and try his hand on the market again. He'll command more money then.....if the sox want to keep him they'll have to pay up. (of course Mookie and Benny and xander will have paydays coming......and a decision on JBJ) Enjoy them while we have them, we can't keep them all.

Whadayamean "don't get too excited" . Who cares about next year ? Live in the moment !  This is our year !!!

Next year the Yankees will have everyone healthy and mark my words , they will buy a few more pitchers in the off season . 

They will be the dominant team !!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

• Brad Eden

• gundogpa

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Thursday night I was able to take my 80 year old father (turned 80 on Fathers Day) and soon to be 80 (in October) mother to Fenway Park for the last game of the Angels/Sox series. They're both li

Holy Crap !   Probably the most enjoyable game as a Red Sox fan I've ever seen . All cylinders baby !!! Too much good to comment on . And what made it more enjoyable , I was texting back and fort

I had a free lunch with on a colleague the other day in new haven, CT.  Last year we bet a pizza lunch on who would win the AL East and he was settling up;  I won betting on the Sox even though his Ya

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Whadayamean "don't get too excited" . Who cares about next year ? Live in the moment !  This is our year !!!

Next year the Yankees will have everyone healthy and mark my words , they will buy a few more pitchers in the off season . 

They will be the dominant team !!!

I only mentioned it because you said it was 5 years for 110 million.......it's actually 2 years for 50 million. Unless he gets hurt and then can't play.......then he'll stay. LOL

The Yankees could very well be a great team for a few years.......they might even win the Harper sweepstakes. No doubt about that. 

What the sox do will be very interesting.  Depending on who you talk to they are over the  tax threshold this year..........if you go over in consecutive years it keeps getting steeper and it's not just money, it's draft picks, money to sign foreign players......not a good place to be. They have some contract issues, they have to pay panda another year at 18 million in 2019. Kimbrel and Pomeranz are free agents after this year and that's 22 million there along with hanleys 21 million. But Arb players will suck up a bunch of that......Xanders last year of Arb then he's a free agent. Bene and Devers are pre arb and Mookie has two years of Arb left and he has already refused to let them buy any of those years and says he will take top dollar. Prices 31 million a year kind of kills us.......and that goes through 2022.  2020 Sale and Porcello are FA........Sale could be out of our price range by then. How they put it together moving forward will be interesting. We have Pedroia through 2021 and we're not sure if he will play again. I'm sure they already have a plan and know who they are going to try to keep or let go.

All I can say is this team is more fun than the idiots of 2004, and look what they did! 

A few stars and a bunch of role players, plus a manager who actually looks like he's enjoying himself (who wouldn't?!).

October won't mean just bird hunting this year, I think there's going to be a lot of late nights in front of the television!

Go Sox!

Cold bats today. One more inning to take this game....Sale back on disabled list for 10 days. Can't stand Price but he pitched well yesterday. Pedroia who?

Yup , cold bats , it happens . On the other mound , Yanks finally come alive today . Still 9.5 though . Yankees are playing for wild card . 

Fire Marshal Bill

I think putting Sale on the disabled list is a way to give him some rest before they start the final push to the playoffs. MHO 

13 hours ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

I think putting Sale on the disabled list is a way to give him some rest before they start the final push to the playoffs. MHO 

No question. There's going to be a bunch of unfamiliar faces in Red Sox uniforms during September while they rest players for the playoffs.  Cora said yesterday they'll still be playing to win though.

Son of a B . Cora did it again . Somebody has to slap him in the head . !00 pitches , your guy just gets slammed with a line drive to the chest.

You leave him in !

DOPE !!!!

Not sure i like this "looser" feeling . Must be what Yankees are feeling .

I keep reminding myself they can't win every game. Bats came alive last night. Little bumps in the road now will prepare them for the playoffs, when winning and losing really matters.

Fire Marshal Bill

I don't know what it is about Tampa Bay but they always seem to have the Sox in the plum of their hand. Last year was the same way. Playing good ball until they meet up with Tampa, even in their own ballpark they would get beat. They better pull their head out of their rump because the Yankees are on fire right know.  

Finally a win , not a good win but a win . Yanks pulled off a walk off . Still 6 1/2 .