• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

• Brad Eden

• gundogpa

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Thursday night I was able to take my 80 year old father (turned 80 on Fathers Day) and soon to be 80 (in October) mother to Fenway Park for the last game of the Angels/Sox series. They're both li

Holy Crap !   Probably the most enjoyable game as a Red Sox fan I've ever seen . All cylinders baby !!! Too much good to comment on . And what made it more enjoyable , I was texting back and fort

I had a free lunch with on a colleague the other day in new haven, CT.  Last year we bet a pizza lunch on who would win the AL East and he was settling up;  I won betting on the Sox even though his Ya

Posted Images

McFeeley's Yankees have given up . i can't bust his balls any longer , he's a man driven to despair . Any more texting and ribbing and he may go off the deep end . I value his friendship too much to continue . 

Now what I need is an Astro's fan , any takers ?

I don't like Price much but he is on fire for sure. Is it just me or is Sales being treated like a prima donna...kid gloves...China doll? I understand he's is the best pitcher in baseball but I'm not sure this overly cautious thing is good in the long run. 

Fire Marshal Bill
25 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I don't like Price much but he is on fire for sure. Is it just me or is Sales being treated like a prima donna...kid gloves...China doll? I understand he's is the best pitcher in baseball but I'm not sure this overly cautious thing is good in the long run. 

I agree. To much time off isn't good in my book. He has got to get back and face some real hitters or he won't be ready for the playoffs. To much rest is overkill, not good. 

46 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Nah , Cora's right . Sales history in playoffs is bleak . He has always tired and faded . They can afford to bring him along gingerly . Once playoffs start , he'll be the #1 .

Cora said yesterday that Sale is ready to pitch 3-4 innings next time out. I like that they're resting him, he'll be unhittable in the playoffs.

Price is the prima donna, but he's pitching great. Everything I've ever heard about Sale is that he's a decent guy. Going to have to trust in Cora, he seems to know what he's doing as evidenced by the Brock Holt pinch hit the other night! AL manager of the year, without a doubt!

1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Nope.....he could still have 4 starts........all meaningless. Ramp him up slowly for the playoffs. He would just go pitch all the time and never come out.....I'm glad they are holding him back. Save those innings for the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, gundogpa said:

Nope.....he could still have 4 starts........all meaningless. Ramp him up slowly for the playoffs. He would just go pitch all the time and never come out.....I'm glad they are holding him back. Save those innings for the playoffs.

Well, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion...🤔😉Just seemed silly seeing him pitch one inning and then throw another innings worth of pitches in the bullpen right after. Never seen a pitcher stroked like that.

Cold water alert:  Price is 2-8 all time playoff with a 4.25 ERA.  Come playoffs it's all about the bullpen.  And utility players.

My Dee-Troit Tabbies are in dumpster mode so GO INDIANS!  Love Francona.

9 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Cold water alert:  Price is 2-8 all time playoff with a 4.25 ERA.  Come playoffs it's all about the bullpen.  And utility players.

My Dee-Troit Tabbies are in dumpster mode so GO INDIANS!  Love Francona.

None of Boston's starters have had any luck in post season . But none have the bats they have now behind them . 

I like the Indians and Francona . He got railroaded by the players here at the time . Easier to move one manager , than several trouble maker players . 

They're all gone now . 

100 wins...first time in 72 years. Yeah, this is a special year that I am glad to be alive to witness.

100 wins...first time in 72 years. Yeah, this is a special year that I am glad to be alive to witness.

Wouldn't hurt for them to have a little skid right about now. Wanna peak at the right time.  Seen too many teams finish the reg. season red hot fall flat in the playoffs. I'm very superstitious when it comes to baseball. Boston has a very entertaining team to watch even from a non-fan's perspective.

BTW the only thing holding back Price from having a stellar post season is his attitude IMO.  Too nice a guy on the mound.  A good measure of tempered hate for the hitter goes a long way.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, Brad Eden said:

Well, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion...🤔😉Just seemed silly seeing him pitch one inning and then throw another innings worth of pitches in the bullpen right after. Never seen a pitcher stroked like that.

He was on a pitch count.....and they didn't want to take him out in the middle of the inning. Had a plan to get their best pitcher.....at his best for the playoffs and ignore meaningless regular season starts. I like it.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, gunsrus said:

Sox peaked at the end of last year and then sucked in the playoffs . 

I'm worried about this.......it's true. There could be some big differences, luckily, like a more flexible and advanced lineup and Cora of course. The last years failure is haunting though. I need to see them play well to be a believer. our bullpen is a hot mess right now.