Red Sox

Fire Marshal Bill

31 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

I'm done , going to bed , we have major trouble with good teams 

Actually the opposite is true.........recent stats point that out when you look at the top teams playing each other. 

BOS 10-4
NYY 7-9
HOU 12-4
OAK 10-5
CLE 8-8
SEA 5-9

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• Fire Marshal Bill

• Brad Eden

• gundogpa

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last Thursday night I was able to take my 80 year old father (turned 80 on Fathers Day) and soon to be 80 (in October) mother to Fenway Park for the last game of the Angels/Sox series. They're both li

Holy Crap !   Probably the most enjoyable game as a Red Sox fan I've ever seen . All cylinders baby !!! Too much good to comment on . And what made it more enjoyable , I was texting back and fort

I had a free lunch with on a colleague the other day in new haven, CT.  Last year we bet a pizza lunch on who would win the AL East and he was settling up;  I won betting on the Sox even though his Ya

Posted Images

8 hours ago, gundogpa said:

Actually the opposite is true.........recent stats point that out when you look at the top teams playing each other. 

BOS 10-4
NYY 7-9
HOU 12-4
OAK 10-5
CLE 8-8
SEA 5-9

Tell me that after this series and after we play the Indians . Bats are bats , they come and go . Pitching ?????

Fire Marshal Bill

I said the other day that I was concerned about the post season and last nights game substantiate my concern. I don't understand how a team with so much talent can become so unraveled at the most critical time of the season. 

1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

Tell me that after this series and after we play the Indians . Bats are bats , they come and go . Pitching ?????

I was responding you your assertion that they can't beat good teams. The reality is that they can. What they do in the playoffs is a crap shoot, like it is for all teams.

28 minutes ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

I said the other day that I was concerned about the post season and last nights game substantiate my concern. I don't understand how a team with so much talent can become so unraveled at the most critical time of the season. 

I think it's pretty easy to understand. They really aren't as good as their record, I think that's clear. They are one of the best teams but not by such a margin as the record shows. The pitching injuries have hurt the last month and a half. Some of the players have regressed to the mean......which should be expected. Moreland, Bene and no hitting from the catcher position. Bradley has the same amount of homeruns as Mookie in the second half. Devers not taking that next step, both offensively and defensively. They also have to fight complacency ......they have basically never had to fight for the division. It will be interesting how the last 10 games play out.

It can go a couple ways in the playoffs. They could not get good pitching after Sale.....or have bullpen issues or the bottom half of the order can fail to contribute and not get out of the first round. I'd say there is a 25% chance of that happening.

They could battle and play fairly well and still not win it all.  I say that's 50%

They could get Sale and Barnes back and they pitch at a high level (and Joe Kelly stops sucking).....Mookie and JD slug us to a couple wins and some unsung player has a clutch at bat to win another game........Holt? Swihart?  and they win it all........25%

That's how baseball works.

Well , we have been winning so I'm back on track but I agree with gundogpa , they are not as good as their record . Pitching ??? Good to see the knuckleball going three good innings in relief the other night .

Right now , we're floating and I think the Yankees are on a high getting back Judge . I hope we haven't peaked and on the return , The Yanks sure enough don't believe their out of it . let's see how they handle Tampa . 

Good to see the Sox playing back-ups and resting guys . 

106 wins with 5 left. A meaningless series (for the Redsox) against the Yankees. Best record and home field for the whole playoffs. That's about the most  successful  you can be for the regular season. 

There are some interesting decisions to be made about the post season roster. Devers or Nunez at third? Holt or Kinsler at second?  Pearce/Swihart or Moreland at first? Probably a combination of all of them.

The bullpen is also up in the air although Cora says he already knows who he wants. Word is that Evoldi will get the start if it's against the Yankees .....if not he'll switch spots with Ed Rod in the bullpen.

hey.....at least we are in the playoffs again.......could be worse.

I guess tonight's game has been Postponed, I guess for rain. I'm watching last nights "Sox in 2". I really like it when Eckersley is co-hosting. He seems to be doing it for the fun of it and not the money. Of course I miss Remdog, but don't prefer Steve Lyons. Even Gomes is better than Lyons IMO. Eck makes up so many funny Eckisms. Like nothing but Shoes for players who get struck out without swinging the bat. 

Here come the Bronx Bombers , three game set that means nothing but will be interesting . The Zoo is hitting home runs like base hits . Lots of power there . Signs of things to come ????  Interesting !!!!

Really not a meaningless series for us Oakland A’s fans. If the Red Sox sweep the Yankees this weekend, and if the A’s sweep the Angels, that one game play-off would be in Oakland and not in New York. 

Go Sox!

3 hours ago, Kemo Sabe said:

Really not a meaningless series for us Oakland A’s fans. If the Red Sox sweep the Yankees this weekend, and if the A’s sweep the Angels, that one game play-off would be in Oakland and not in New York. 

Go Sox!

Sox fans would love that but it's a pretty long stretch.......Although making the Yankees play longer for real would be good. The more pitching they use up the better. Really though it is meaningless.