Making us look bad.

salmontogue
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

If you showed an anti a "broadhead" and a target arrow , which do you think the anti would prefer you shoot ?

Probably neither.  Antis have no ability at any kind of compromise.  They want it all....their way.

Perk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• topdog1961

• stripersonfly

• Karpteach

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone likes a feel good story about wild critters getting saved. From my experience and observation it's usually hunters releasing antler locked bucks and freeing deer from fences and risking their

I'm actually weary of defending hunters and hunting to the general public. I've spent over 12 years writing a traditional outdoor column for non-hunter regional Maine magazines and always portray hunt

“Antis” should be not be the concern and focus, while all “hunters” should never be assumed equal in ethics or held blameless re “looking bad”. Ohio is thick with examples of deer hunters and a s

Posted Images

“Antis” should be not be the concern and focus, while all “hunters” should never be assumed equal in ethics or held blameless re “looking bad”.

Ohio is thick with examples of deer hunters and a selfish and self-focused Public image.

Hunters need to clean up their own nest box and, most importantly,  not be afraid to break the unwritten rule of..”never speak ill of a fellow hunter”.

Each action will go far in positively affecting an image promoted to the, very necessary in support, non-hunters amongst us...imho.

Virgil Kane
3 hours ago, aerochris said:

Guys, these pictures look Photo Shopped to me.  Look at the way the arrows are just sitting on top of the photo.  Not to say something like this couldn't or hasn't happened, but these pics looked shopped. 

I agree.  First photo the shadows from the deer's head and the arrow don't match ( angle of head and arrow shadow should match but they don't) and the second one just looks to clean and the deer to alert  to have an arrow going threw it's jaw/sinus cavity area.

topdog1961

Now that u mention it. I agree. Those look like stock photos of deer doctored up. 

Brad Eden

I looked at the Oregon State Police FB page and there is at least on eother photos of a deer with arrow from a different angle, and a report that the two does were tranquilizer and arrows removed and released. Don't think it's fake news, although I do agree the photos look photoshopped, but my belief is this was legit. (Again no mention at all that the arrows had target points not hunters broadheads. A salient point IMO.

salmontogue
6 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I looked at the Oregon State Police FB page and there is at least one other photos of a deer with arrow from a different angle, and a report that the two does were tranquilizer and arrows removed and released. Don't think it's fake news, although I do agree the photos look photoshopped, but my belief is this was legit. (Again no mention at all that the arrows had target points not hunters broadheads. A salient point IMO.

Why would the news media report the truth when fake news is their stock in trade?

Perk

Brad Eden
1 minute ago, salmontogue said:

Why would the news media report the truth when fake news is their stock in trade?

Perk

Id agree with you about main stream media fake news, but I looked at the official Oregon State Police Facebook page, and it looks legit.

On 5/2/2018 at 4:54 PM, Brad Eden said:

Those are target heads not broadheads. If broadheads those deer would be dead. Obviously not a hunter but someone screwing around with their bow. The fact it isn't bow hunting season is further evidence it is not a "hunter" that flung those arrows.

Regardless, bowhunting is a game of inches. This buck was taken with my bow last season and although I am a seasoned bow hunter, I shot high, spined him and had to fisnish him off with a second arrow. Not proud if that but glad I took him nonetheless.

IMG_0517.JPG

Nice buck B~K  I wasn't here this past fall to see this. I had closed the chapter in Oct.  Really didn't make it back until my renewal came up in Dec.  Wasn't going to re-up here on the UJ but decided  a lot of good comes out of this site. Figured even if I didn't participate  I would contribute for the better-ment of the four legged athlete ..... 

Virgil Kane

If this is true I find it hard to believe that the state would take the chance on the survival of these deer and spend the money to do this instead of putting the deer down.  My friends that are vets and having worked with the trapping and relocation of deer for the DNR  tell me that there is a 50%+ mortality rate when trapping and sedating the deer. There is no mention of how the arrows were removed. The first deer with an arrow through it's neck would be easy, just pull it out, no sedation needed. The second deer with an arrow seemingly through major bone would be a challenge even if sedated.  JMO.

Virgil

Dakota Dogman

Back in WA the state decided to continue its plan of infinite wisdom to protect the Columbia River Whitetail dear.  Their last plan was a disaster, but of course this time they were going to get it right... end result of netting a bunch of deer was a ton of money spent and worse percentage of survival than Virgil expressed.

The only way I can see them doing it is if these were high visibility deer that the public was watching & they needed to be heroes.

Then again, that is thinking logically, so they probably did try.

God Bless,

Brad Eden

Everyone likes a feel good story about wild critters getting saved. From my experience and observation it's usually hunters releasing antler locked bucks and freeing deer from fences and risking their lives getting deer and elk and such out of holes in the ice. Mainly because it's the hunters who are outside scouting and managing habitat and hunting and finding these animals. But alas they get very little credit. The concept of killing animals you love is too complicated to really explain to anyone, let alone the non-hunter.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:44 AM, Brad Eden said:

The concept of killing animals you love is too complicated to really explain to anyone, let alone the non-hunter.

It wasn't complicated until urbanization and Walt Disney made it so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...