Making us look bad.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:54 PM, Brad Eden said:

Those are target heads not broadheads. If broadheads those deer would be dead. Obviously not a hunter but someone screwing around with their bow. The fact it isn't bow hunting season is further evidence it is not a "hunter" that flung those arrows.

Regardless, bowhunting is a game of inches. This buck was taken with my bow last season and although I am a seasoned bow hunter, I shot high, spined him and had to fisnish him off with a second arrow. Not proud if that but glad I took him nonetheless.

IMG_0517.JPG

You know you make the best shot you can. You can't always make that perfect shot. If it's not good enough you make another one and finish it as fast as you can. It's not anything not to be proud of. I spined a deer a few years ago at a decent distance for the northeast. (rifle)  It went down in such a way that I couldn't get a follow up shot into it where I wanted.......but it was clearly still alive. I hustled closer until I could, took a second to catch my breath and made a final shot. EH.....maybe a little better first shot was in order but it was what I had, it was makeable and I just pulled it a little. I always try to make a prefect first shot......hell that's how you get a deer right? but Sh** happens sometimes.  BTW nice buck.  :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• topdog1961

• stripersonfly

• Karpteach

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone likes a feel good story about wild critters getting saved. From my experience and observation it's usually hunters releasing antler locked bucks and freeing deer from fences and risking their

I'm actually weary of defending hunters and hunting to the general public. I've spent over 12 years writing a traditional outdoor column for non-hunter regional Maine magazines and always portray hunt

“Antis” should be not be the concern and focus, while all “hunters” should never be assumed equal in ethics or held blameless re “looking bad”. Ohio is thick with examples of deer hunters and a s

Posted Images