REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
dogrunner

Ford Ranger.

dogrunner

Seen one on the road last night. Also seen one close up this week. 

15AA61E7-6F8F-45A0-8098-220587DD61E9.jpeg

31A3E934-6E8E-482C-A182-CDB88F9BE926.jpeg

49B1CEB7-A5B8-434D-8F89-4EA9595F4764.jpeg

dogrunner

E48B10D1-6B13-47B4-8AF7-56036FCE66BC.jpeg

chilly460

Just got back from Costa Rica and they're fairly common there, looked like a Honda Ridgeline to me.  

Windrider

I saw one that was a 4x4 that had been driven up from Mexico last fall.  The 4x4 was quite striking.  I actually slowed down to get a good look until I could figure out what it was.

I may ah e to go back to a pickup truck.

Brad Eden

Looks like the Tacoma finally has some serious competition. About time.

oak stob

Nice truck...how does it work with a topper?

Brad Eden

Others mileage may and apparently does vary...My first new vehicle was late 80's Ford Ranger 4wd, 4 cyl and was a POS, to put it mildly. That was made excruciatingly clear when a good friend bought a new small Toyota 4wd, 4 cyl at the same time. There was no comparison as far as power, reliability, toughness and overall truck. I hope they got it right this time and can legitimately compete with Toyota. 

Natty Bumpo

Surprised Ford doesn't show a "Supercab" version with jump seats behind and  a six foot bed for hauling stuff; like the Canyon/Colorado.   Lots of folks want to downsize but still want  a decent bed in their pickup.

lee sykes

I had an 88.  4wd 6 cyl.  It too was a p.o.s. as was my 93 F-150 that literally rusted to dust.  Since I recently read that the price on the Ranger, similarly equipped, is going to be roughly the same as he Tacoma and Chevy Colorado,  I think I'll stay japanese. 

Virgil Kane

I had an 84 Ranger 4 cylinder that was a POS.  Good to hear I wasn't the only one to think that.

Looks like the Ranger has come a long way but I'll stick to my GMC's.

Virgil

snapt
25 minutes ago, Natty Bumpo said:

Surprised Ford doesn't show a "Supercab" version with jump seats behind and  a six foot bed for hauling stuff; like the Canyon/Colorado.   Lots of folks want to downsize but still want  a decent bed in their pickup.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Like so?

Still anxiously awaiting the pricing, but a true mid size truck with 30mpg is awfully appealing!

Samuel Hoggson

My '01 2wd 4 cyl is a dog, but gets 28-30 mpg.  So no complaints. 

Wish they'd offer a regular cab (not Super cab) with a longer bed.  Think I'm going to end up with another Super Duty w/8' bed.    

kgb

Our Ranger was a '90 4x4 with a V6, a friend at the gun club had just bought a 4 cyl 4x4 and complained it was underpowered.  I don't think the mileage was very different between the two options, and since I never towed with mine the V6 was plenty powerful. In 9 years it ate one wheel bearing which my mechanic said was an extreme oddity/fluke.  I sold it to a guy whose kids learned to drive on it and it had 200k on when he sold it to someone in western Nebraska.  The body was pretty rough by then, and the second owner told me it was still on the original clutch.  Wow!  Red with white lower body paint, it was a pretty truck.

terrym

The problem is these mid sized trucks usually cost near what a full sized one does at similar gas mileage.