oak stob
15 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Oh, YEAH!!??  Is your SUV armor plated like mine?  PA Dutch doomsday machine:

1-6-12 - Armored vehcile - 1.jpg

1-6-12 - Armored vehicle - 2.jpg

No headlights....I’ll have to pass.

Bad things happen at night.

Dakota Dogman

I think that IS the BAD THING that happens at night!  Nightmare material right there!  Where is the wild eyed Amish guy, full beard flying in the lightning with a chainsaw roaring!

Kansas, since I first saw those I have thought that they are the Heir Apparent to the IH Scout.  Some day I ought to get one... about 20 years from now they will be in my price range.

And there in lies the problem Flush... By the time those rigs you listed are in my price range they will probably be in the scrap yard.  No thanks.  When I was in Moab over Easter a couple years back there was plenty of new and old metal.  My old IH may not be everything that a 2018 whosever is... but it is paid for, able to go where ever I want to go & any shade tree can keep it on the road. Heck, with new rubber I'd t let my '76 Scout II take me anywhere today... AWFUL gas mileage to get there, but that thing just flat loves to run, and that at 42 years old.

Brad understood what I was getting at... The SUV world would have moved a lot quicker to keep up with where they were headed.

God Bless,

(NOTE - NO, I am not anti / hating on Amish, my community here in MN has a bunch of them & I have good friends among them, and we laugh about things like this... they have a great sense of humor.)

salmontogue
46 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Oh, YEAH!!??  Is your SUV armor plated like mine?  PA Dutch doomsday machine:

1-6-12 - Armored vehcile - 1.jpg

1-6-12 - Armored vehicle - 2.jpg

Do you stiff-hitch this behind your motorhome when travelling to dangerous areas?

Perk

E.Young
On 5/3/2018 at 8:48 AM, terrym said:

The problem is these mid sized trucks usually cost near what a full sized one does at similar gas mileage. 

Thanks for reminding me that for what I paid for a used access cab Tacoma, I could have gotten a lower-mileage and more efficient crew cab F150. But then my wife would never drive so I could take a nap in the passenger seat. "Too big!" she said. Still unsure if I got the better end of this deal. 

dogrunner

C351C212-FD3D-489D-B85D-7CF33DE332F8.jpeg

D6D91CD6-E48D-48B2-81F4-731025651104.jpeg

MNice

^^^^^Ah, back on track...:D

Fur and Feathers

I've had 3 Rangers. An 82 and a 95 that were 4 cylinder standard transmission. I drove the 95 for many years. It was gutless but got decent gas mileage, and was really reliable needing only routine maintenance. I bought an 04 super cab 4x4 4.0 liter v6. Had good power but not the greatest on gas. Frame rot in the rust regions killed way more of these little trucks than mechanical failure.

I have a full size Crew cab truck now that I have been getting between 20 and 23 mpg with everyday driving, I cant see myself going back to a small or mid-sized truck anytime soon. Parking space isnt an issue for me and my teenaged kids much prefer the crew cab over the super cab Ranger.

Auto-5

Very nice. 

Bullwinkle

I have a '91 Ranger Super Cab I bought new. 4cyl, 5sp, 2wd, cruise, tilt, air.

Sitting in the driveway with 402k mile on orig teams & engine. Still use it for bushwacking and hauling mulch, yard duty, etc..

RuffChaser
On 5/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, dogrunner said:

C351C212-FD3D-489D-B85D-7CF33DE332F8.jpeg

D6D91CD6-E48D-48B2-81F4-731025651104.jpeg

Didn't they used to build these in St Paul before they stopped making it years ago??? If so are they making the new ones there??

dogrunner

Yep use to be in Minn, now it will be at Michigan Assembly in Wayne.  Just down the road from where the Mustang is built. Also not to far from the Rouge plant where some of the F150 are built. The Bronco will also be built with the Ranger but it will be about a year later. I heard they are redoing the plant right now for the Ranger. 

jeff88

Just looked at the Ford website, this looks like a very good mid-sized truck.  Base truck has the 2.3 L Ecoboost mated to a 10 sp auto - that's also a config for the Mustang though am sure everything is tuned for the application.  Could not decipher if this was a truck/ladder frame such as the F-150 or a uni-body frame such as the Explorer.  Good looking truck for sure.  Ford getting away from cars, doubling down on SUVs and trucks.  

Flush
2 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Could not decipher if this was a truck/ladder frame such as the F-150 or a uni-body frame such as the Explorer.  Good looking truck for sure.  Ford getting away from cars, doubling down on SUVs and trucks.  

It's got a conventional body-on-frame layout. The frame is "fully boxed". 

Solid rear axle with leaf springs (all unlike the Explorer)