Charging Your E-Collars & GPS Devices When There’s No Power

I run crate fans using the cigarette lighter sockets and can run them for at least 8 hours when training.  The new truck turns the power off in 1 hour, so I purchased a battery clamp to 12v socket adapter to use with a remote battery but never needed to use it.  The tiny jump packs they have now would run my fans for 16+ hours, or in your case may be a good back if you needed to feel more comfortable.  All my research was a work around to fix a non existing problem.  I don't worry at all about charging phones or E collar/GPS units.  

Pick up a power inverter  for around $15 - $25 and use your vehicles battery to charge your toys on the cars battery via the cigarette lighter.  Most cars these days are wired to stop draw before the battery is affected and I've had good luck charging collars, phones, laptops, cordless drills etc using my car battery and the inverter even without running the car. 

stripersonfly

I would see if one of the PowerBanks from Anker would do what you need.   Look at the high capacity powerbanks.  They have enough juice to recharge a cell phone 6-7 times.  Not sure how that translates to e-collars.  They also have higher capacity systems, which of course cost more $$$.

https://www.anker.com/

They are the one maker I am familiar with but there are certainly others.  I have some of their entry level products that allow a cell phone recharge or 2 and am happy with them. 

19 hours ago, stripersonfly said:

I would see if one of the PowerBanks from Anker would do what you need.   Look at the high capacity powerbanks.  They have enough juice to recharge a cell phone 6-7 times.  Not sure how that translates to e-collars.  They also have higher capacity systems, which of course cost more $$$.

https://www.anker.com/

They are the one maker I am familiar with but there are certainly others.  I have some of their entry level products that allow a cell phone recharge or 2 and am happy with them. 

This was going to be my suggestion as well. I've got a midsized one, it works incredibly well. I've charged a collar and my phone at the same time a few times. 

On 5/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, Kansas Bound said:

I made a portable battery pack. I use it mainly for ice fishing to run my fish finder etc.

But it is really handy on camping trips to charge garmins and phones. Can also run my fantastic fan if needed.

I use two 9amp batteries similar to THIS

IMG_20180514_210248516_LL.jpg

I've actually been planning on building something similar. 

Thanks for the motivation! 

salmontogue

I charge mine in the truck, in the boat, in my ATV and from a portable jump start pack.  I have never experienced a no start situation with any of the vehicles.  I check all my vehicle batteries twice per year with a Snap-On load tester to be on the safe side.  None of my ATVs and snowmobiles can be manually started nor can the two large E-Tec Evinrudes.  A jump start pack is a great safety measure particularly on the edge of the wilderness in Northern Maine.

Perk