My new wheels

Don Steese

Judy refused to drive the Subaru. She can drive stick but doesn't want to, so the Baja is getting sold. Picked up an 05 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi from a private seller about a mile from us. Very low mileage at 72K. Pretty much a spotless truck. My daughter's fiance is the head tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealership and he pronounced it like new!! 4X4 so all you have to do is put the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in park and it's ready to tow behind the moho.   Got it for 9 thousand.  What think ye??    Cell phone photo but none of my photos are any good anyhow, so here it is.

20180513_143817.jpg

Looks like a nice clean ride Don. Don't let those 345 ponies get you in trouble with the local fuzz. 

4wd? 

I've got an '05 , 4X4 , two door , 6' bed with 33,000 miles on it . Doesn't get used much and yes it is like new . I love the truck and the HEMI . Only problem I see with them is the rear wheel wells rust out with salt over the winter . They do make plastic wheel well covers that do help . Mine gets garaged December through April . 

Good luck with it . 

Don Steese
1 hour ago, Marc Ret said:

4wd? 

Yep! You can't flat tow a 2 wheel drive.

4 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Judy refused to drive the Subaru. She can drive stick but doesn't want to, so the Baja is getting sold. Picked up an 05 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi from a private seller about a mile from us. Very low mileage at 72K. Pretty much a spotless truck. My daughter's fiance is the head tech at a Dodge/Jeep dealership and he pronounced it like new!! 4X4 so all you have to do is put the transfer case in neutral and the tranny in park and it's ready to tow behind the moho.   Got it for 9 thousand.  What think ye??    Cell phone photo but none of my photos are any good anyhow, so here it is.

20180513_143817.jpg

canoe rack?

Don Steese
3 minutes ago, juneboy1 said:

canoe rack?

That's what the guy put it on for. I think they're actually referred to as a ladder rack but he put it on a month or so ago because he bought a canoe. 

Dave Erickson

Very nice, Don! White is a good color for keeping the pooches a little cooler, too.

Don Steese
15 hours ago, Marc Ret said:

Looks like a nice clean ride Don. Don't let those 345 ponies get you in trouble with the local fuzz. 

4wd? 

Almost no chance of that happening. I'm the geezer who holds up traffic and causes road rage in everyone unlucky enough to be caught behind me!!  Kinda fun actually.:x

I have owned two Dodges, my first and last. The major and ongoing problem was that it went thru rear engine seals every week. They even put in a new short block but no help.

after six months of going to the dealer I switched to Ford. Good luck with yours.

9 hours ago, Don Steese said:

Almost no chance of that happening. I'm the geezer who holds up traffic and causes road rage in everyone unlucky enough to be caught behind me!!  Kinda fun actually.:x

That seems to be the prevailing attitude of retired folk. Almost like sport to the "senior class".😉😉

Enjoy your new truck Don. 

Have a dealer run it's number to see if it has recalls that still need to be done. My 07 ram had a hand full of recalls. 

My truck bunny hopped really bad if you hit any bump, to the point almost loosing control, the factory shocks were junk so I put good shocks on and the problem went away.