REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
ruff hunter

Harry and Meghan

henryrski
5 hours ago, Virgil Kane said:

I hope I don't offend anybody but,  WHO CARES?

I'm not impressed by the rich and famous but that's just me. YMMV

Virgil

What Virgil said.

UplandHntr

Yeah theres a million people getting married that day and probably having a family style reception afterwards. Theyre all just people. Some just dont have a carriage 

Brad Eden

I always liked Harry, actually both those boys. Harry seems to have some bad boy in him, and Prince William just seems like a genuine gentleman. I can't imagine life under a microscope that they deal with. And they both deal with it well. With that said I could about give a chit about this wedding, or anything to do with the royal family.

(My instincts tell me this Topic has potential to be a pain in my ass as moderator so let's keep that in mind. Thanks.)

barna
4 hours ago, terrym said:

I'm sure they are good people and I wish them well but I'm not comfortable with the tax money spent on this. Some hard working people who couldn't afford a back yard BBQ wedding reception will fund this through their taxes. 

On a side note, do you think Canada would ever get rid of the monarchy?

Barna

PS,

Ruff Hunter, this post alone warrants the shredding of your man card.  :D

salmontogue

Is Harry and Meghan a new fast food chain?  We are behind the times in Downeast Maine.

Perk

bill
44 minutes ago, steveziv said:

I watched the last generation's weddings with some interest.  Now 30+ years later, it seems like a lot of nonsense to me.  But this kind of wasteful extravagance is necessary to bolster the Windsor brand.

I agree knew guy his girl got married she blew 45,000 bucks on wedding& honymoon,Daddy tried to tell her take that money buy a house her answer she wanted to have her  fabulous wedding.1  year later divorced so much for romance (SOME FOLKS ARE REAL DUMB) minus 45000 bucks

WPG Gizmo

Who's getting married ??

Brad Eden

My oldest daughter got married at a NC town office with one witness. I could hug her forever for that. (We did all get together on a Vacation in Savanna GA and had our own wedding celebration) my youngest is a PA and makes more money than I can even fathom, so I know she wont expect dear old dad to remortgage the house for her wedding. I'm blessed...

ruff hunter

Hey Barna you’re right about my man card lol..... but it’s all for love ❤️ and I’m a push over when it comes to sappy stuff 😍😍😍

Lars
1 hour ago, ruff hunter said:

.. but it’s all for love ❤️ and I’m a push over when it comes to sappy stuff 😍😍😍

I've always been a pushover for sappy love songs of the 70's   :x

Marc Ret
8 minutes ago, Lars said:

Marc Ret
37 minutes ago, Lars said:

One more from the 70s for you Lars. More of a love's ending song but a favorite of mine nonetheless. 

Bullwinkle
4 hours ago, steveziv said:

I watched the last generation's weddings with some interest.  Now 30+ years later, it seems like a lot of nonsense to me.  But this kind of wasteful extravagance is necessary to bolster the Windsor brand.

Seems like it would be a huge boost to their economy.

Harry seems like a straight up guy.. Can you imagine the internal crap he must have took becoming engaged to a divorced, bi-racial, actress and evidently won?

terrym
1 hour ago, barna said:

On a side note, do you think Canada would ever get rid of the monarchy?

Barna

PS,

Ruff Hunter, this post alone warrants the shredding of your man card.  :D

It's part of our history and there will always be Monarchists but it is only a ceremonial thing. No legislative power anymore. 

Ben Hong
7 hours ago, terrym said:

I'm sure they are good people and I wish them well but I'm not comfortable with the tax money spent on this. Some hard working people who couldn't afford a back yard BBQ wedding reception will fund this through their taxes. 

Uhh Terry, the common noise being spouted is that there will be a 1.5 billion$ generated by this spectacle in tv, products, tourism, the hospitality industry, etc. etc. etc. It is all about branding. So the few hundred millions they spend will be recouped many times over.  As a former marketing and international trade guy, this is what one would call a dream project.