REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
ruff hunter

Harry and Meghan

Marc Ret
29 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Laurel. Talk about viral. 

Same here. Just the first thing that popped in to my head when I read Uplander's post and your reply. 

Auto-5

Funny thing is I have looked on two different devices and heard laurel on one and Yanny on the other. Plus did you see the prank on Charles Barkley “I thought I heard donut”. Cracked me up.

gunsrus
6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Agree about wedding, but respectfully disagree on all else. Good looking lady is Markle, but Middleton ain't no slouch, and frankly is the epitome of style, grace, and temperament. IMO. Too early to tell about the Hollywood actress princess. And again, I dont really care and feel guilty even wasting this bandwidth.

Yup , Uppie got that one wrong . I too could care less but telling me Markel has more style and grace than Kate is just downright wrong . 

Let's just see how long this one lasts !

TB Owl

I for the life of me don't understand Americans fascination with English Royals.  I can understand the Brits being interested, after all it is their monarchy.  Even though we are best allies with the British people today I distinctly remember us flipping the King the middle digit in 1776.  I have heard the term "tosser" as in toss another peasant on the fire used by Brits to describe aristocrats.

shinbone

I will wake up at 4:00AM.  Find a live stream of the wedding on my Ipad.  Hand it to Ms. Shinbone.  And go back to sleep.

mccuha

Who are they. Never heard of either of them

Uplander
On 5/18/2018 at 11:37 AM, Brad Eden said:

Agree about wedding, but respectfully disagree on all else. Good looking lady is Markle, but Middleton ain't no slouch, and frankly is the epitome of style, grace, and temperament. IMO. Too early to tell about the Hollywood actress princess. And again, I dont really care and feel guilty even wasting this bandwidth.

No way.  Middleton was such before marriage.  Now, “The Firm” has ahold of her, and they’ve turned her into a dull, conservative, grey, middle aged woman.  Befitting the future Queen of England I suppose....

The Duchess of Sussex won’t fall victim to such Palace pressure; I predict.

Uplander
On 5/18/2018 at 6:03 PM, gunsrus said:

Yup , Uppie got that one wrong . I too could care less but telling me Markel has more style and grace than Kate is just downright wrong . 

Let's just see how long this one lasts !

Nope.  William had to marry for State purposes.  Harry had the pick of the world litter, and he chose well.  Better than well....

Ben Hong

Markle is as f i n e as they come!. 

bruski

This is a upland hunting site, isn't it?

PLEASE take this elsewhere.

gunsrus
7 hours ago, Uplander said:

Nope.  William had to marry for State purposes.  Harry had the pick of the world litter, and he chose well.  Better than well....

So now you're telling me William had to marry Kate just to have a Queen . BS !

salmontogue
41 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

So now you're telling me William had to marry Kate just to have a Queen . BS !

Agreed.  William and Kate are two very fine people.  The jury is out on the Harry and Markle relationship.

oak stob
8 hours ago, Uplander said:

Too many folks avoid mirrors........additionally and of more note than the imaginings on Royal couplings.....Singletary passed waaaay too soon.

Brad Eden
8 hours ago, Uplander said:

Again, same taste in dogs. Not in women. 

lee sykes
On May 16, 2018 at 11:14 AM, BlacknTan said:

Hmmmmmm.. I think that we in the US follow the Royals more than folks in the UK, at this point in time. My wife is excited..Me, not so much, but I do like the openness of William and Harry on the difficulties they experienced with the death of their Mother at such a young age.

As for Meghan, for me the jury is still out. I'll take a pass at this point. Kate... Now she is a different story. I think she's beautiful, smart and the perfect face of the Monarchy in coming years. She reminds me of one of my longtime heartthrobs.. Elizabeth Hurley. But, don't go by me... I've got a thing for English girls..

All that said, I do wish Harry & Meghan well, and hope for the best.

I agree about Kate and I did say to my wife yesterday a.m. that if I were one of those boys, I'd be all over Liz Hurley.  She just laughed.  So would Ms. Hurley.