2018 Catskill food plan

delahunter834
1 hour ago, hayslope said:

That cooler full of bags of ice gets hammered all weekend!  It's a wonder that the hinges haven't worn out!!

If anyone thinks extra ice isn't necessary, I'll gladly leave that giant cooler at home. One less thing to bring.

"We never have enough ice.You'll need it to keep steaks cold

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gunsrus

• delahunter834

• hayslope

• Fire Marshal Bill

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will con my wife into making some blueberry pies.

I'm still planning on being there, staying in my motorhome. Something's come up that may prevent that but I'm working on a solution. I'm planning on making some scallop and shrimp ceviche, which we co

Please give him my regards . He was a gentleman and I enjoyed conversation with him . 

Not to worry! I always bring plenty of ice. Too much beer to have to rely on the cabin fridges!!

7 hours ago, hayslope said:

That cooler full of bags of ice gets hammered all weekend!  It's a wonder that the hinges haven't worn out!!

If anyone thinks extra ice isn't necessary, I'll gladly leave that giant cooler at home. One less thing to bring.

Damn! You’re a bit touchy after retirement! :)

On 6/17/2018 at 4:10 PM, Grifish said:

Damn! You’re a bit touchy after retirement! :)

Nah - just messing with ya!!!!

brushbuster

I can bring an assortment of fresh fruit and some snack items, case of water some beer and cooler.

Looks like I will be coming back from Redwood City Wednesday on the red eye so not sure how Thursday will play out for arrival as well as how I will handle food...will be tracking this and make a last minute call accordingly.

I will bring my XXL fry pan and wok (did stir fry and fried one year) as well as my propane fryer base (need to check it still works well...blue flame as I hate the red flame black carbon clean up issue), some camp chairs, water, beer, brown liquor, meat of some type...

I'm not sure what I'm gonna make for the saturday night table yet . It won't be any dish with napa cabbage this time. I can bring charcoal?, fruit in jars . Any suggestions?

delahunter834
51 minutes ago, ruffneck said:

I'm not sure what I'm gonna make for the saturday night table yet . It won't be any dish with napa cabbage this time. I can bring charcoal?, fruit in jars . Any suggestions?

FRUIT in JARS!!! Goody goody Goody

don't tell PC

2 hours ago, ruffneck said:

Harold ?

3 hours ago, ruffneck said:

You might be able to find some decent deals on napa cabbage this year.  Then again..........there may be a damn tariff on them. Ya never know with this administration!!!!

I heard decent reviews on your venison osso bucco.........which is one of my favorite dishes!!  Sadly, the hungry folks devoured all of it before I got a chance to sample it.  That's one of those "ya snooze, ya lose" scenarios!

That fruit in a jar thing always goes over well with the Catskill crowd.  Me, on the other hand........ I best avoid stuff like that!

42 minutes ago, ruffneck said:

Ok well fruit in jars and ossobucco it is then. No Bob Harold. Can't get around these days..

Please give him my regards . He was a gentleman and I enjoyed conversation with him . 

1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

I sure will. 

bullseyebill

I'll bring Mexican Gazpacho and chocolate chip cookies (same as last year).  We'll be coming directly from Maine (vacation).  Also, thinking of arriving on Thursday.  Did anyone see the Wall Street Journal this week talking about the Catskills.  They actually mentioned Catskill Pheasantry.

I plan on bringing some brown liquor, not sure what.  Does anyone like Irish or does most everyone prefer Bourbon?  We have a couple of liquor stores that have items that the bigger stores don't have.  Is there anything someone is looking for they can't get at your local establishments.  I can see if I can get it.  

Cindy

I can bring something for the table......

Puter says it's a 19 hr drive for me. This will be like two days for me. I can bring something dry (potato chips) or cups? Plastic ware (knives spoons forks), veggies,?

Suggestions as to what might be needed??.............