Do you rotate your tires yourself or take it in

10 hours ago, NECarson said:

I know... But I still want a set. Because. 

I understand!

Tools are one of my weaknesses!😂

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cooter Brown

• settem

• terrym

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pick a Saturday morning and go to my local tire and brake place with my iPad to peruse Upland Journal while drinking a cup of coffee to have both my oil changed and tires rotated.

Do my own oil changes and rotate my own tires on all our vehicles.     At at the very least so this guy learns how to change a tire himself. He helps me change the oil too.   

We have the Snap-on cordless impact guns at my work. They are super powerful and super expensive. At home I have a big compressor and air impact gun which I use when rotating my tires. It saves a lot

Posted Images

4 hours ago, settem said:

I understand!

Tools are one of my weaknesses!😂

If you don't have a need for a tool that you don't have, go ahead and buy it, then figure out a project that you need it for. 

Also, a tool that's good enough, isn't quite good enough. 

11 hours ago, NECarson said:

If you don't have a need for a tool that you don't have, go ahead and buy it, then figure out a project that you need it for. 

It’s kind of like shotguns...

always need just one more! :)

Cooter Brown
On 6/18/2018 at 11:59 PM, NECarson said:

I've just now started to slow down on acquiring tools to the point that I ask myself "Do I really need this?"  This has only been in the last couple of months.

Before this if I saw a quality tool for a good price I bought it, new or used, need or not.  I've had to force myself to stop looking at Craigslist, Offerup etc.

I wish you'd stop talking about those Milwaukee impacts.

9 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

I've just now started to slow down on acquiring tools to the point that I ask myself "Do I really need this?"  This has only been in the last couple of months.

Before this if I saw a quality tool for a good price I bought it, new or used, need or not.  I've had to force myself to stop looking at Craigslist, Offerup etc.

I'll try... 

I'm much the same way. 

11 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

Me too !  I've got soon many tools and I just don't use them as much anymore . I have to stop and remind my self , do i really need it ? 

Cooter Brown
2 hours ago, NECarson said:

I'll try... 

I'm much the same way. 

10 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Me too !  I've got soon many tools and I just don't use them as much anymore . I have to stop and remind my self , do i really need it ? 

You guys'll like this, although it makes me out a liar.

Grainger had this 29 pc. 3/8" drive set of Proto (my favorite brand) regular and deep metric sockets priced at $29 for about a week.  These retail for more than 300 and Grainger wants $163 for it now.  I think it was a pricing error but they honored it.  The ratchet alone costs about 40 bucks, and the universal almost as much as the set itself did.

I'da felt stupid letting a 29 piece US made set get away at a buck a tool.  I hate feeling stupid.

The 11 mm deep is in the shop on a sliding T--using it to take apart my cousin's shotgun which I'm refinishing.

5b2ee53431b15_prototoolsresized.jpg.5bbe56c804a18ca33c78a0ca3e52d205.jpg

Cooter , I hear ya . I have a Honda 928 snowblower here in Ma and an 828 in Maine . They run around $3000 new . I found one almost new on Craigslist last year that a new snowbird wanted to sell ( he just wanted it out of the garage ) for $750 . I saw it but didn't buy it . It still haunts me !>:(

15 hours ago, Cooter Brown said:

You guys'll like this, although it makes me out a liar.

Grainger had this 29 pc. 3/8" drive set of Proto (my favorite brand) regular and deep metric sockets priced at $29 for about a week.  These retail for more than 300 and Grainger wants $163 for it now.  I think it was a pricing error but they honored it.  The ratchet alone costs about 40 bucks, and the universal almost as much as the set itself did.

I'da felt stupid letting a 29 piece US made set get away at a buck a tool.  I hate feeling stupid.

The 11 mm deep is in the shop on a sliding T--using it to take apart my cousin's shotgun which I'm refinishing.

5b2ee53431b15_prototoolsresized.jpg.5bbe56c804a18ca33c78a0ca3e52d205.jpg

I'd have done exactly the same thing. 

Mixed.  Tundra I rotate my own as I tend to be in there doing something like brakes or suspension once a year.

Ram.....dealer still, plus 35" tires on 20's are awkward for one person.

GX.....just swapped to new 265 70 17s and they aren't light.......but just installed all new rear suspension so chances are I will be rotating them as I play with that or when we swap to snows it won't matter

Our tire shop does free rotations for life of the tires if you buy them there...... but that is like 1 mile down the road lol

Firestone package:  Less than $200 for lifetime rotation, balance and alignment, I take the rides in every 5k for this service.  Every time I take one in, it lowers the average cost per service.  Right now on my MDX, that means today it costs me less than $20 each service, in two years it will be less that $15 per instance.  

I just purchased a Ryobi 1/2 inch impact. Got the wrench, a 4 hour battery, and a charger for $129 shipped to my door from Home Depot.

You have to order online to get the newest version (model #p261). 

I know it’s not a Milwaukee, but I already had several Ryobi tools, so this just seemed like the right choice. 

I used it to pull the tires off the boat trailer and it sure seemed to loosen the lug bolts with ease. 

I’m happy with it!

I do oil changes on my old truck and just rotate tires every other oil change, 5min job with my Milwaukee cordless.  

New truck has free oil changes at the dealer so they do it, but last time I was in there it was a 2hr wait so there is definitely a "cost" for the free service.  

Throw some never seize on the lugs, helps if the grease monkey at the shop zings them to 150ftlbs.